friday is asymptotically de sitter

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,528
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafes, a webex or two, call it a day around 10-11, bask
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning. In work but soon to go home for a kip. May have to have an hour or so in garden later, weather too nice to stay inside.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I got caught out in the rain whilst walking Tigger this morning, is summer over or has it started yet ?
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    What's this rain nonsense of which you speak?...

Short one today taking hound to the vet so I'll take it as an excuse for a half day. May try an squeeze in a quick ride
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    Morning, I got caught out in the rain whilst walking Tigger this morning, is summer over or has it started yet ?
    another warm sunny one here

did you know your attention is required in the caption competition?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    sungod wrote:
    another warm sunny one here

did you know your attention is required in the caption competition?

I do know Sungod, but for the life of me I cannot seem to post a photo, if you would like to post one , be my guest
    By the way the sun ☀️ is now shining
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    WFH which is always a win on a Friday and meant pub last night :)

Not sure if I’m doing the TT later as I should really get the bike ready for Brum tour tomorrow as it’s a ferkin early start for a Saturday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning
    No sign of rain here.
    On a half day because I was planning on getting my bike ready for a race tomorrow, but can't see that happening.
    Planning on marshalling at the TT later. Will try and get some bad photos of TLW1 to post on here if he rides it :D
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Currently basking in the dim glow of an LED computer screen, later involves the wife and I going to see Toy Story 4, purchasing decking stain and some power washing,

All the hard work I put in at the gym last night was wasted on a bottle of wine and some vodka.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Currently basking in the dim glow of an LED computer screen, later involves the wife and I going to see Toy Story 4, purchasing decking stain and some power washing,

All the hard work I put in at the gym last night was wasted on a bottle of wine and some vodka.

Trading a dimly lit LED screen for a large bright one?

Reminds me I need to get sand an cement later. height of excitement
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Working from home trying to coordinate the latest HMRC information request while compensating for the incompetence of others.

At least I got got bit of a lie in but part of this afternoon involves Strifey going to a funeral and me dog sitting the hounds, who seem incapable of not causing trouble or scrapping at the moment.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Working from home trying to coordinate the latest HMRC information request while compensating for the incompetence of others.

At least I got got bit of a lie in but part of this afternoon involves Strifey going to a funeral and me dog sitting the hounds, who seem incapable of not causing trouble or scrapping at the moment.
    You are not selling getting a 2nd dog!
  • tlw1
    Morning
    No sign of rain here.
    On a half day because I was planning on getting my bike ready for a race tomorrow, but can't see that happening.
    Planning on marshalling at the TT later. Will try and get some bad photos of TLW1 to post on here if he rides it :D
    Wife fancies a beer in the midpoint pub, so looks like I’m playing
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You are not selling getting a 2nd dog!
    12 week old = into everything and annoys the 4 yo by trying to play fight or Nick his toys all the time. It should pass...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Will try and get some bad photos of TLW1 to post on here if he rides it :D
    That shouldn't be hard.

'Hounds' ha ha.

Warm, drizzly, cloudy. Although the Porker is now replete with the ability to brake :D
    Must take it for a spin on some greasy roads.

Tomorrow Glasgow to look at something with wheels on it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Had to pull out of Midlands-based audax. Old age back injury which has kept me off my bike and miserable all week, but not bad enough to stop me going to work.

:cry:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Evening folks, busy day ended well with a short pub visit. About to have some scoff then watch a film as the kids are both out.
    Tomorrow is Southampton uni open day then a trip to Wembley with the female child.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Tomorrow is Southampton uni open day.

Ooh, that's where I wasted 3 years, or was it spent 3 years wasted? Oh to have the time again with a bit of maturity.
  • As I'm working the wife is taking eldest on the Uni runs. Today was Cardiff, tomorrow is my alma mater Bangor Uni (and the wifes, we met there).
  • hopkinb
    I remembered de sitter was a space, and not who looks after mini when we go out. So I googled it. Physicists don't make things easy, do they?
  • pinno
    ...alma mater Bangor...

Do what you like to her but keep it in the privacy of your own home please.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I remembered de sitter was a space, and not who looks after mini when we go out. So I googled it. Physicists don't make things easy, do they?

He's not a physicist, don't be daft - he's a Sorcerer.
    As an apprentice, he made LSD. Hence the smiley face.
  • Pinno wrote:
    ...alma mater Bangor...

Ah education....
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    ...alma mater Bangor...

Ah education....

Wha?! Me not got none o' dat.