coffee coffee, lab, maybe a webex, early bail for bubbly evening
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunshine ,dog walked, shopping and cycling in that order
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH so lie in possible, but no the only ferkin time the wife gets up before 6 :(

Later is probably playing tennis again with the kids, they loved it last night and actually had a few good rallies

May then go to the pub for my first drink this week
  • Morning, glorious day again! Working tonight so ride this morning. Not the best nights sleep as around 0100 cats had a mouse and then around 0600 a bird. They bring them in through catflap and really considerately bring them in to bedroom to show us. Nice.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Sunny. Feeling tired. Might do the local TT on the way home, might not. Excuse to wear the skinsuit to the office though.
    They bring them in through catflap and really considerately bring them in to bedroom to show us. Nice.
    You need one of those AI catflaps that stops them coming in with "gifts": https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48825761
  • Morning,

Sunny. Feeling tired. Might do the local TT on the way home, might not. Excuse to wear the skinsuit to the office though.
    They bring them in through catflap and really considerately bring them in to bedroom to show us. Nice.
    You need one of those AI catflaps that stops them coming in with "gifts": https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48825761

Hmm, we have 2 Maine Coons which are MASSIVE so think they'd just break the door down! (We have 2 other cats as well but it's the Maines that bring the catch home).
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    bringing you easy prey because they think you need to work on your hunting skills :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, glorious day again! Working tonight so ride this morning. Not the best nights sleep as around 0100 cats had a mouse and then around 0600 a bird. They bring them in through catflap and really considerately bring them in to bedroom to show us. Nice.

Glad my dog just brings back sticks, or branches usually bigger than her in typical Bullie fashion.

Night of sod all sleep on account of an alarm that kept going off very loudly in the night so I'm knackered. Emails sent coffee acquired now to avoid questions and see what HR make of the "incident" yesterday.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Nice and sunny here today but after two rides yesterday I'm giving my legs a rest ready for the weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Sister has a problem with her email account.
    She thinks that I have a problem communicating with her. Yes she is right but I did send her numerous emails (which she didn't receive).
    I have now sent the same messages to her daughter and the same messages from my parachute account.
    She still hasn't got them and therefore I am a complete b@stard who has a problem communicating with her. She's right but for the wrong reasons.
    A Coon cat won't do - I need a (wo)man eating Lion.

Cloudy here. Cloudy in my head. Had a good early pedal to which I doubt i'll recover soon from.

Might annoy TLW as he's attempting to wfh.

Oh look - Wimbledon is on, let's play tennis... and for the rest of the year...

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:
    She still hasn't got them and therefore I am a complete b@stard who has a problem communicating with her. She's right but for the wrong reasons.

Can you fax them?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Pinno wrote:

Can you fax them?

The best outcome is that she doesn't get any of the messages and decides that I am no longer worth keeping in contact with.
    She can then tell he friends using this as prime example to underline the fact that I am a complete b@stard.

As I neither associate with her friends (or her that often) this would be the best possible outcome.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Mild Thursday morning hangover has subsided thankfully. Very busy in here as usual, but time is flying by so it will soon be time to jump on my bike and wobble home. I'd like to take the long way home but lots to do when I get there so I suspect it will just be a quick dash. Got a nice beer sat in the fridge waiting for me at least, and several others if I find I get a taste for it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Being an only child has its benefits...

Tired, as junior hound still needs taking out during the night to do his business and I got a turn to supervise last night. I've compounded that by cycling into work, so by time I get home this evening and have a glass of plonk I'll be ready for a good kip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Cloudless, still day. Perfect winter weather. Pulled another bike to bits and sold the frame/fork, now have a stack of parts to decide if I want to keep them for some other future WOFTAM project.

Took motorcycle to the shops because it needed a run.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Sister has a problem with her email account.
    She thinks that I have a problem communicating with her. Yes she is right but I did send her numerous emails (which she didn't receive).
    I have now sent the same messages to her daughter and the same messages from my parachute account.
    A Coon cat won't do - I need a (wo)man eating Lion.

Cloudy here. Cloudy in my head. Had a good early pedal to which I doubt i'll recover soon from.

Might annoy TLW as he's attempting to wfh.

Oh look - Wimbledon is on, let's play tennis... and for the rest of the year...

Laters

Sounds oddly like my sister..

HR called me into a meeting, I say meeting you cant really call telling me off in ear shot of the MD a meeting. Upshot is despite having nothing to do with onsite IT I should have helped the moron from yesterday, I suppose I could have given him a laser timing device but I doubt it would help him with a missing laptop.
    Either way I've told them I would like it summarised in written form.

Off to vent some aggression somewhere
  • homers_double
    But if you're not IT the surely it isn't your decision to replace a laptop? Or are we just splitting hairs here?

I'd have asked the MD's opinion, they tend to be pretty sound IMO :wink:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,614
    Yeah, spend the IT dept's money, get some flash non standardised and incompatible kit in, give mouthy blokey more than he expects, that should get you out of the hole into which you seem to be getting dragged. Or maybe out of a job. But hey, win some...
  • step83
    orraloon wrote:
    Yeah, spend the IT dept's money, get some flash non standardised and incompatible kit in, give mouthy blokey more than he expects, that should get you out of the hole into which you seem to be getting dragged. Or maybe out of a job. But hey, win some...

Well spoke with the MD after getting it in paper form. He laughed at it said he will clear it up tomorrow. Hes a good guy just seems theres some power crazed morons.

I think the other guy was annoyed because I have a workstation grade device and a couple of my field engineers laptops he probably assumed I was going to hand one over.
    Thankfully looks like hes going to intervene and basically tell them they are being idiots.