Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Friday frazzling in the heat

surfercyclistsurfercyclist Posts: 888
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning, in work but off in an hour or so. Going to be a hot one, was planning on a ride later but wind is blowing 35kts+ and it's going to be scorching so may bin it for tomorrow and just hit the weights instead. Laters...

Posts

  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    'ning

    decided to have a day off as it's sunny, ride, cafes, bask
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, grey sky at the moment, some gardening this morning out later on the bike
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 7,094
    'Ing, ride to work, review some docs, fish and chips, ride long way home.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,778
    grey and windycold start here, did a few hill repeats to justify the toast
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,066
    Slow start as WFH as I’m getting my windscreen replaced, if it takes too long I won’t need to drive south for a meeting this afternoon.......... then I can do the local TT and then pub
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,596
    TLW1 wrote:
    Slow start as WFH as I’m getting my windscreen replaced, if it takes too long I won’t need to drive south for a meeting this afternoon.......... then I can do the local TT and then pub
    I was going to offer to ring you about 2pm so you could pretend there was an emergency at home and you needed to come back early from your meeting.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,066
    TLW1 wrote:
    Slow start as WFH as I’m getting my windscreen replaced, if it takes too long I won’t need to drive south for a meeting this afternoon.......... then I can do the local TT and then pub
    I was going to offer to ring you about 2pm so you could pretend there was an emergency at home and you needed to come back early from your meeting.
    :D
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Last day before a week in the sun quite close to a war zone. My parents are kindly driving up to stay at the house and look after the dog for the week, last time we left him with them they walked him about 15 miles a day. They are meant to be meeting me for lunch at the office but my dad decided it would be best to set off ludicrously early so they are nearly here now...

    Hooray for the sun
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,723
    Morning off shift and waiting for carpet guy to come and measure up for new flooring. Dog to walk and bike parts to order before OH changes her mind. Looking nice outside may even get a quick ride in on the best bike for a change.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • darkhairedlorddarkhairedlord Posts: 7,094
    HaydenM wrote:
    Last day before a week in the sun quite close to a war zone. My parents are kindly driving up to stay at the house and look after the dog for the week, last time we left him with them they walked him about 15 miles a day. They are meant to be meeting me for lunch at the office but my dad decided it would be best to set off ludicrously early so they are nearly here now...

    Hooray for the sun

    Homerton High Street?
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    HaydenM wrote:
    Last day before a week in the sun quite close to a war zone. My parents are kindly driving up to stay at the house and look after the dog for the week, last time we left him with them they walked him about 15 miles a day. They are meant to be meeting me for lunch at the office but my dad decided it would be best to set off ludicrously early so they are nearly here now...

    Hooray for the sun

    Homerton High Street?

    Nail on the head. Do they accept Turkish Lira?
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,601
    All quiet here. This is day 24 of my count-down of working days until I retire.

    Looking forward to summer this weekend.


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,747
    Capt Slog wrote:
    All quiet here. This is day 24 of my count-down of working days until I retire.

    Looking forward to summer this weekend.

    The Spanish have a word for retirement. I like it. Better than our word, it's Jubilado.

    Do you want me to call you TLW? I could call your boss and tip him off about some bloke seen canoodling with your wife.

    Sticks, bistro (no Porker :( ), cake, lunch, coffee. Last time as it's the toots last day at school for summer.
    Gorgeous day.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,809
    Up North so it's only just about warm. Some utter [email protected] decided to go through the central reservation of the M11 in his lorry last night and park it across our side of the motorway. So didn't get in till 2am and now feeling tired and having to take on extra rations of bacon and tea to compensate.

    Onwards to more house related stuff.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • capt_slogcapt_slog Posts: 3,601
    Pinno wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    All quiet here. This is day 24 of my count-down of working days until I retire.

    Looking forward to summer this weekend.

    The Spanish have a word for retirement. I like it. Better than our word, it's Jubilado.

    Do you want me to call you TLW? I could call your boss and tip him off about some bloke seen canoodling with your wife.

    Sticks, bistro (no Porker :( ), cake, lunch, coffee. Last time as it's the toots last day at school for summer.
    Gorgeous day.

    Laters.

    Jubilado. A good word.

    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the TLW reference.


    The older I get, the better I was.

  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,809
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    All quiet here. This is day 24 of my count-down of working days until I retire.

    Looking forward to summer this weekend.

    The Spanish have a word for retirement. I like it. Better than our word, it's Jubilado.

    Do you want me to call you TLW? I could call your boss and tip him off about some bloke seen canoodling with your wife.

    Sticks, bistro (no Porker :( ), cake, lunch, coffee. Last time as it's the toots last day at school for summer.
    Gorgeous day.

    Laters.

    Jubilado. A good word.

    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the TLW reference.
    TLW = The Liverless Wonder :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    Afternoon, spent the morning being moaned at by the doctor for various things, weight flexibility an what not. weight I kind of get my body fat is roughly 27% so I'm just over a quarter made of cake. some needs to come off to reduce strain on my hip joint.
    Turns out theres likely girders out there with more flexibility as well!

    Urgh, anyway afternoon of work in a freezing cold office ready for tomorrows fun day in the heat.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,747
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:
    All quiet here. This is day 24 of my count-down of working days until I retire.

    Looking forward to summer this weekend.

    The Spanish have a word for retirement. I like it. Better than our word, it's Jubilado.

    Do you want me to call you TLW? I could call your boss and tip him off about some bloke seen canoodling with your wife.

    Sticks, bistro (no Porker :( ), cake, lunch, coffee. Last time as it's the toots last day at school for summer.
    Gorgeous day.

    Laters.

    Jubilado. A good word.

    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the TLW reference.
    TLW = The Liverless Wonder :)

    Capt slog was referring to my alternate response to:
    I was going to offer to ring you about 2pm so you could pretend there was an emergency at home and you needed to come back early from your meeting.

    'TLW'. Now we know.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Well I opted for the ride and phew wot a scorcha! 28 C and windy as, but lovely ride around coast. I was glad it was so windy just to help cool me down as if it was calm I'd have melted.

    Right, BBQ and ice cold beers time...
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,667 Lives Here
    Evening, day spent traipsing around Nottingham university, tomorrow will be similar but at Loughborough. Currently in a hotel somewhere between the two.
    How did Piña not know what TLW stood for?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,723
    Enjoy Loughborough uni one hell of a sports uni. Just not the best night life but near enough for Leicester and Nottingham.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,747
    Veronese68 wrote:
    How did Piña not know what TLW stood for?

    Nice try.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,596
    oxoman wrote:
    Enjoy Loughborough uni one hell of a sports uni. Just not the best night life but near enough for Leicester and Nottingham.
    the Students Union was pretty good but agree with going elsewhere for a big night out.
    Might be good enough for V68 though.
Sign In or Register to comment.