Ridesense

bennettp23
bennettp23 Posts: 35
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi,

So I got my new TCR Advanced Pro 0 yesterday :D . She is a beauty. Great service from Pedalon, ordered 1:30pm on Thursday and delivered 11am Friday.

I was a bit surprised to see that the back wheel is not quite true when spinning but not sure if that is something I should be too worried about?

Question though. I have a Garmin 520 with cadence, speed and heart monitor. I have searched but can't quite answer my question. I put the Garmin speed sensor on my back hub and Garmin cadence on the pedal as I just wanted to get going and didn't want to spend timeon RideSense - all works fine. I was going to put RideSense in this morning but now I'm questioning whether to bother? It needs a magnet I think on the wheel spoke and still needs the sensor on the pedal so I'm thinking its no advantage to the Garmin sensors anyway? Maybe I should just sell it?

Thanks,

Paul.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    no point adding duplicate sensors, the head unit can only work with one at a time

as for the wheel, probably not that uncommon for factory built wheels, really depends how out of true it is, if it's just slight wouldn't bother

otherwise if you can't diy the best option is a local bike shop as the hassle of returning it will be out of proportion to what it'd take to tidy up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • bennettp23
    bennettp23 Posts: 35
    sungod wrote:
    no point adding duplicate sensors, the head unit can only work with one at a time

as for the wheel, probably not that uncommon for factory built wheels, really depends how out of true it is, if it's just slight wouldn't bother

otherwise if you can't diy the best option is a local bike shop as the hassle of returning it will be out of proportion to what it'd take to tidy up

Thanks - its only a 1-2 mm so will just leave it. Might put my Campy Shamal Ultras on anyway.
  • bradsbeard
    bradsbeard Posts: 210
    Ridesense looks cleaner than the Garmin sensor. I used strong magnets attached to the pedal for the cadence.