DMR V12 end cap direction

david7m
david7m Posts: 636
edited July 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Plan was to service the pedals, but now the end cap 6mm hex is rounded. They are very soft and I was treating drive side as left hand thread and non drive as normal.

Which way should they loosen?

Service kit is £22 but new pedals £40 :?

Comments

• david7m
    Incase it helps anyone else.

DMR have replied to confirm end caps both pedals are normal right hand thread, but spindle nut on right is left hand thread and left pedal spindle is normal.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    david7m wrote:

DMR have replied to confirm end caps both pedals are normal right hand thread, but spindle nut on right is left hand thread and left pedal spindle is normal.

Confusing!
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    I'm pretty sure that my Wellgo pedals are the same.

Had a gritty bearing and replaced it for £3 and now all is well.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • david7m
    End caps finally off, cant believe how tight and soft they are. Ended up drilling down the side of thread, hopefully the replacements will still fit!

This kit is the wrong one for the 'new' v12's - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3335270115 as I found out. If anyone wants it, just cover the postage.

The correct bearings are 686z which are smaller.

The plain bush was bone dry, so have cleaned and new grease. Now as new, just no end caps yet :)
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    david7m wrote:

Confusing!

Why is that confusing, that is normal.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    robertpb wrote:
    david7m wrote:

Confusing!

Why is that confusing, that is normal.

thinking about it, youre right... :lol: