2»

Comments

• rider_x
    rider_x Posts: 3
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    Nice first post.

To be fair, it struck me as being pretty knowledgeable...

Yes but cant help but see it as bitter to join specifically to coment on this thread.

I'm sorry you found my comments bitter. It wasn't meant as such. I was more trying to explain that there really isn't a difference between buying these wheels versus buying direct from source. The lack of technical expertise displayed on the website suggests that the value of any "UK-based support" is effectively zero. Whether or not you place any value on a warranty that lasts three times longer than the company offering it has so far, that's up to you.

I'm not sure which companies you're referring to that "rebrand" £300 wheels and sell for £700+ but many of them do actually add some value to the chain. Sure, the wheels might only "cost" £300 (sidenote: a high-quality build costs more than that to manufacture) but knowing where to buy them can be worth a fair amount! Equally, some don't add any value beyond pretty stickers. Either way, I don't think there are many folks sitting out their on their superyachts having made their money in the wheel business these days.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    g00se wrote:
    Have a look at Prime wheels. Warranty backing by Wiggle/ChainReaction.

Have looked and cant stand the decals. Can be removed but no doubt that will void warranty maybe?
    I
    Are you being serious
    Basically you ride the damn things into the weeds anyway - stuff the warranty.
    jTCaWd3ytSBJdtAtvJu4sfwZD5Onl802b912pUjEahX_TRD-XZfIJpYxosrf_UjoEyeUZsjaB_LFZ12KRANiZ2YZO9FYgZA3Jerd_WUfc-LjOV9VOW2-QDHgH-Eqi_0MmvblBl6GryLA8cVuaoXOuaFcbVHJqMV--19499HreTl67fbn4DiqxDe1t73qiVuqYINYK5BEvGh589MLekVhNPwGpdzGloRyeuPkh_exNE6b7tIw7YWxXNddjLUWETCUUk4xNcwZbuNpoTa5RLNElvdyFORLAWadm9Uom3OGYfp3dWujcPOsBgr9QDsD8zCfJGCrngjjhAJIOGnBB4GMEtx1BZSiUNXvOnxqAa-Jbgveu0W_y0v2VlUqmIMYfRdgR4jukmcduP6dQlsYAY5ooGtRaw6NZz_L5-fKoUiEORirX01deImHkZNSfW6TDK2ZF6Lm3P7Ta-CNoNf2xUHWdeTxx8Bqxj4DJo-PNxy2-fevdMQyjjr994gNB10Gs-zi6BdQU87pNgAz4-xxrPTW_KRIlAtg_7UNTrv8DZ7FqrF8NZqFwW7O6viB5qc6UZI1Fr50yJJqLgSkZGdN2GtACubIGGdFRblo15DXUxws1XZiICqyczR0n3YMSDocsliBeMSZsBQ2SYSNwyuu6nxZunjs0tg3LEU=w834-h625-no
  • k3vinjam3s
    k3vinjam3s Posts: 266
    Just an update on the wheelset. Only had an hour blast on them so far but felt good in that short ride. First time on carbon wheels so nothing to compare to but seem better at maintaining speed then my previous wheels. Out the saddle they felt good plenty stiff considering im a 95kg rider.

Time will tell i suppose when it comes to quality. So ill update in a few months of riding to see if they are still perrforming.

Just to add though. I had numerous emails back and forth with the owner of the company. Nothing but promt, professional and very thorough responses. I sincerely hope that his business is successful as he was a pleasure to deal with.
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    Just an update on the wheelset. Only had an hour blast on them so far but felt good in that short ride. First time on carbon wheels so nothing to compare to but seem better at maintaining speed then my previous wheels. Out the saddle they felt good plenty stiff considering im a 95kg rider.

Time will tell i suppose when it comes to quality. So ill update in a few months of riding to see if they are still perrforming.

Just to add though. I had numerous emails back and forth with the owner of the company. Nothing but promt, professional and very thorough responses. I sincerely hope that his business is successful as he was a pleasure to deal with.

Nice to report back, thanks.

Any pictures?
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • k3vinjam3s
    This is before new chain was put on.

5286ad67-0e6c-431a-813e-0c039af766b9-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,940
    k3vinjam3s wrote:

Nice one, did you manage to weigh them out of the box?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • k3vinjam3s
    Daniel B wrote:
    k3vinjam3s wrote:

Nice one, did you manage to weigh them out of the box?

Yes both with rim tape already on, front 720g and rear 920g.
  • The number of new wheel "companies", is almost on-par with the number of new "boutique", cycle clothing brands! Everyday, I seem to be getting fed details of another new brand of clothing. Rapha Effect and all that. If these companies only last a year, I suspect they'll have found it worthwhile- similar to the wheel suppliers.

As stated already, far too many knickers getting twisted over warranty and "ooooh.....but the rime width is so last year", etc...

"They're selling Hippy wigs in Woolworths, man..."
  • I have a set of the 50mm wheels ( disc version) . I have done over a 1000km on them and I can't fault them .
  • I have a set of the 50mm wheels ( disc version) . I have done over a 1000km on them and I can't fault them .

Yes i cant fault mine. Will be buying some more next year i think.
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    k3vinjam3s wrote:
    MrB123 wrote:
    Why not email them and ask for more information, ie what hubs, spokes and rims are they using. No reason they shouldn't be open and honest about it.

Have emailed and got good detailed responses. Very good replies confirming wheels built abroad but go through QC here in uk. All well known hubs and spares readily available.

Only thing holding me back is the width of the rims. Is there much difference between the 23mm they offer and other rims that are wider. Reckon max i can get on my frame is 25mm.

25 mm is all they offer... internal 18 is good enough for 23 tyres.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    Some well priced alternatives here for immediate delivery

Amazon Prime Carbon Wheelsets
  • k3vinjam3s wrote:
    Will be buying some more next year i think.

Didn't realise wheels had become fast fashion... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023
  • k3vinjam3s wrote:
    Will be buying some more next year i think.

Didn't realise wheels had become fast fashion... :lol:

Want some 38mm ones for another bike.