monday once, somewhere, sometime ago

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, coffee, croissant, seems enough for the day, don't want to overdo things

wtf is summer, at this rate i'll need to slip in another holiday before my holiday
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a bright start here , although the clouds are gathering in the distance, might do some gardening if it stays fine
    Have a good week
  • Morning, just for change it's damp here. So, surf this morning then take youngest to dentist this afternoon. Bloody weather.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Day off for GFs birthday. We were just about to go out but now blocked in by an ambo going to next door but one. Hopefully she's only fallen over again.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, was sunny now looks like it'll rain shortly so normal service resumed.

very soggy weekend of riding rain and wind but 180K done without a single mechanical. Thunderstorms here apparently tomorrow so ill be taking the appropriate measures with a four mete fishing whip poking out the back pack riding to work, see if I can blag some time off.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'll read posts later. Running late. Hungry. Must get wheels tracked on Merc.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I've run out of biscuits.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired legs and eyes from run/pub impacted sleep

Later is more recovery after another joyful day of work meh
  • veronese68
    Stationary order has just been delivered, pack of Jammie Dodgers inside.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:

Sounds almost like smuggling contraband.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Garmin told me I burned 1100 calories on the ride yesterday morning. Then both boys turned up to take us out for Father's day pub lunch.

This morning I m a pound heavier :(
  • pinno
    Tomatoes and cheese on toast coming right up.
    I am on a health kick and Jammie Dodgers are a no no.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Pinno wrote:
    I'll read posts later. Running late. Hungry. Must get wheels tracked on Merc.

Laters.
    Tracks on your Merc - thought I had The Panzer?

Busy day today including biggish corporate acquisitions and minion hunting. A good pedal will take my mind off it later. Also this week I need to find the old stuff we had for Muttley when he was a puppy so we don't end up buying the same crap again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sounds almost like smuggling contraband.
    Stationary supplier knows that a constant supply of biscuits keeps us happy, like Haribo but betterer.
    Busy day here with the added complication of having to direct the lad as he does the head gasket on the Mini. Might stick a refurb'd head on it if the guides are as worn as I'm expecting. Thankfully we have them in stock. Off to see the old dear again later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Veronese68 wrote:
    one would have thought a stationary order would have stayed put
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good point, I'll have an e please Bob.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good point, I'll have an e please Bob.

Reminds me of a thing my English teacher used to say..

English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Monday blues... Up early and managed a swim before work, surveys and quotey stuff then off to the gym tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stressbag and Stropteen have been getting geared up for our impending new arrival. Here's the little critter looking deceptively cute:

62586888_2218170618251265_7682145055867404288_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=8fcd97ddbd6999f0f679744b5f0f96e4&oe=5D7CF462
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Help! Stevo's gone soft.
  • Stevo_666
    I did say deceptively cute. They have milk teeth like bloody needles, so I'll have another round of looking like a junkie with puncture marks all over my fore arms and lower legs until he's trained.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I did say deceptively cute. They have milk teeth like bloody needles, so I'll have another round of looking like a junkie with puncture marks all over my fore arms and lower legs until he's trained.
    Nice - we keep talking about another hound
  • tlw1
    Went to running club, think it was a mistake as my legs are now completely dead. Should have dropped down a few groups but pride is a terrible thing
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Can you give him a bone to gnaw at to try to wear them down a bit? (Never had a dog so don't know if that works)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Can you give him a bone to gnaw at to try to wear them down a bit? (Never had a dog so don't know if that works)
    We've got a few of those handy but they do like play fighting. And when Muttley has had enough of Gnasher, I'm next in the firing line.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Nice - we keep talking about another hound
    We'll let you know how it goes - I predict a spot of chaos for a while.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Young dogs annoy the bejesus out of old dogs. It's comical. For a while.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Young dogs annoy the bejesus out of old dogs. It's comical. For a while.
    That's a large part of the chaos that I'm expecting. When they went to visit the new one last week, he was all over ours trying to start a play fight and when Muttley was having none of it he went straight off and started a scrap with one of his brothers.