Chuff chompers!

8linkhorn
8linkhorn Posts: 12
edited August 2019 in Commuting general
I commute through Sheffield City Centre daily, with all its inherent risks and dangers, often having to make quick decisions in order to stay safe. This is made much more hazardous however by certain other cyclists who catch up with me then stick right on my tail. The only way I seem to be able to get them to pass is by slowing down, thus losing all my momentum. It's scary enough on the road without having to worry about whether fellow two-wheelers will accurately read my next move.

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    8linkhorn wrote:
    I commute through Sheffield City Centre daily, with all its inherent risks and dangers, often having to make quick decisions in order to stay safe. This is made much more hazardous however by certain other cyclists who catch up with me then stick right on my tail. The only way I seem to be able to get them to pass is by slowing down, thus losing all my momentum. It's scary enough on the road without having to worry about whether fellow two-wheelers will accurately read my next move.

Drafting fairies. They are why I don't have mudguards.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Highway code tells you to create a greater distance from the vehicle in front, giving you more time to react steadily to any developments and less chance of a rear end shunt.

If I'm often having to make quick decisions to stay safe anyway, id be questioning if my own speed was appropriate.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.