Eurosport Riches

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    I have no idea what's going on here

It's the TdF Lanterne Rouge editorial position interview trials.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,087
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Never mind that, here she is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXEPSkKB5k
    She thinks that she's successful at love now, but just wait till she finds out that Dominic already has a family in Surrey.
    It’s ok though because his marriage is loveless, they’re an anchor and his wife has never understood him. He doesn’t know why he ever married her And anyway he’s leaving when the time is right.
    He married her because her father is on the board of directors. Without him, he'd be working in the box factory. No way is he going to leave his wife. Anyway she's shagging her pilates instructor.

But that won't last because the Pilates instructor has an Oedipus complex and cannot find a woman equal to his mother.
    His marriage is based on a contrived idea of family, work and social status. It will all go pear shaped when he hits his mid life crises at which point his wife sees the light and decides that Surrey 'twin sets' and Tupperware is a scant substitute for a meaningful existence in the sticks growing your own veg and not shaving.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    During the Tour we will investigate why the Quik Quid woman can't afford to get the boiler fixed (hint: Online Bingo)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    just as long as she's got her transition lenses she will be fine
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Pinno wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Never mind that, here she is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXEPSkKB5k
    She thinks that she's successful at love now, but just wait till she finds out that Dominic already has a family in Surrey.
    It’s ok though because his marriage is loveless, they’re an anchor and his wife has never understood him. He doesn’t know why he ever married her And anyway he’s leaving when the time is right.
    He married her because her father is on the board of directors. Without him, he'd be working in the box factory. No way is he going to leave his wife. Anyway she's shagging her pilates instructor.

But that won't last because the Pilates instructor has an Oedipus complex and cannot find a woman equal to his mother.
    His marriage is based on a contrived idea of family, work and social status. It will all go pear shaped when he hits his mid life crises at which point his wife sees the light and decides that Surrey 'twin sets' and Tupperware is a scant substitute for a meaningful existence in the sticks growing your own veg and not shaving.

At which point she'll dump both the pilates instructor and her husband, send the kids off to uni and marry her dungaree wearing vegan friend in a non traditional wedding with vows to mother Earth and live smelling of turnips on houseboat on the thames, eschwing male company and taking pride in collecting wood and decorating the boat like a womb.

Meanwhile our succesfull in love Single will buy shares in kitikat
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    Here's one of my frustrations with the player.

Was watching the one day race up Ventoux whilst on the turbo - it's a 2.5 hour program, but when you start playing it there was the last 30k or so of a different race - possibly Tour de Suisse, did not check.
    Not an issue, skip onto the start of this race.
    Watching it, all good, even had commentary, gets to 700m to go, and it ends.
    Just to be clear, not that the player resets itself, and starts again (Though it does do that from time to time) but that the recording ended before the stage was finished.

it just seems a poor effort - how hard can it be to check what media you are putting up, and that at least it reaches the conclusion of the stage.
    I can forgive (to some degree) the fact that these packages often have an overrun of something else on the beginning or end (Though it would be way more convenient if you knew that a 90 minute program was exactly that) but to not broadcast the end of a stage is bizarre.
    There's not even a commentaryless version to watch on there.

I found other means to watch the end of the stage, but I would rather use the service that I pay for.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Daniel B wrote:

Was watching the one day race up Ventoux whilst on the turbo - it's a 2.5 hour program, but when you start playing it there was the last 30k or so of a different race - possibly Tour de Suisse, did not check.
    Just to be clear, not that the player resets itself, and starts again (Though it does do that from time to time) but that the recording ended before the stage was finished.

it just seems a poor effort - how hard can it be to check what media you are putting up, and that at least it reaches the conclusion of the stage.
    I can forgive (to some degree) the fact that these packages often have an overrun of something else on the beginning or end (Though it would be way more convenient if you knew that a 90 minute program was exactly that) but to not broadcast the end of a stage is bizarre.

I found other means to watch the end of the stage, but I would rather use the service that I pay for.
    This pee’s me off as well, also when trying to watch the third stage of the tour of Belgium. I kept finding they were of the tour of Hungary. I did find the finish of Ventoux it was on the next video.
    There is one currently of a British premier calendar race that just ends half way through the race.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    Daniel B wrote:

It's retro, like an old video recording. Can you scan the VideoPlus+ number?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,809
    Through a turn of events not entirely of my doing, I no longer have either Eurosport or ITV4 in HD through my Sky box.

Before I pay the fiver for the month to have the Tour in HD, is there an alternative out there? For example, is the ITV Hub coverage in HD?

Any help greatly received, my main focus will be the highlights shows as I have busy month coming up and don't know when I will be able to watch every day
  • Alejandrosdog
    Through a turn of events not entirely of my doing, I no longer have either Eurosport or ITV4 in HD through my Sky box.

Before I pay the fiver for the month to have the Tour in HD, is there an alternative out there? For example, is the ITV Hub coverage in HD?

Any help greatly received, my main focus will be the highlights shows as I have busy month coming up and don't know when I will be able to watch every day

If you buy the eurosport subscription direct its much cheaper, Depending on offers £20 a year , theres an app available for modern TVs so you can watch like the iplayer or netflix and if not then you can stream on your phone and flick to the TV in HD which is what i do and it works very well.
  • Alejandrosdog
    https://promo-gb.eurosportplayer.com/pr ... -subscribe

ok its £40 a year but you can subscribe for just july if you want.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Watching Eurosport on line is awesome at the moment.

today Belgian Tour, tour de suisse, Dauphine, hungary, and some other stuff.

Overloaded with decent cycling. How do they do all this for the relativley modest cost?

Just to answer the question that seems to have been lost somewhat, the rights for some of these events will cost very little and ES have almost zero production costs as all events are made by other entities, the old 'host broadcaster'. The bigger the production company, the better the product, i.e. RCS and ASO at the top of the league usually, to name two. British ES having to add on commentary is pretty low budget too as it's all usually done from London. A very small amount of shows go on the road, the Tour, Paris-Nice, Paris-Roubaix... not much beyond that. Tour de Suisse and Tour of Turkey have had ES comms on site in the past.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325

If you buy the eurosport subscription direct its much cheaper, Depending on offers £20 a year , theres an app available for modern TVs so you can watch like the iplayer or netflix and if not then you can stream on your phone and flick to the TV in HD which is what i do and it works very well.

PS4 also has a Eurosport app which is what i use - casting to my TV seems a bit more temperamental and my smart TV (Samsung) no longer has their app. I'd rather watch the tour on ITV though.
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    From my experience ITV hub is not an option. Quality is far from HD and if you miss a programme it isn't available on catch up until a long while after it was aired. They might have good commentary but I won't be watching on ITV

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    I've been using Eurosport player on my phone, with google chromecast you send the hd pics to the tv. It's worked very well for 2 or 3 years now. The phone app is far better than my old tv app. As it is for most apps
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    gsk82 wrote:
    I've been using Eurosport player on my phone, with google chromecast you send the hd pics to the tv. It's worked very well for 2 or 3 years now. The phone app is far better than my old tv app. As it is for most apps

+1

The day I signed up is the day they decomissioned the TV app, so chromecast was the only option!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    presumably non smart TVs though ? as I just used to login via the web browser on my tv and push it up to full screen
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    old races

I'll start the list of acceptable content:

Giro stage 19, 2018.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    I'm missing the ad-free coverage ES normally make available for Tours. Hope it makes a reappearance. Can't watch the Moto feed things!
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    Just to answer the question that seems to have been lost somewhat, the rights for some of these events will cost very little and ES have almost zero production costs as all events are made by other entities, the old 'host broadcaster'. The bigger the production company, the better the product, i.e. RCS and ASO at the top of the league usually, to name two. British ES having to add on commentary is pretty low budget too as it's all usually done from London.
    But presumably the old "host broadcaster" is looking to offset their costs through income frm Eurosport amongst others. I don't know how widely the TdF live feed is sold across the world, but I'd unless some national broadcasters (e.g. french, belgian?) are picking up a huge part of the tab, the production has to be funded somehow. Agree that putting on an overaly commentary when it's just two guys sat in a booth with the same pictures that the rest of us can see is relatively low cost. I'd imagine CK does it all for a nice meal out and the loan of a company audi for the duration...
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • kingstongraham
    Daniel B wrote:
    gsk82 wrote:

+1

The day I signed up is the day they decomissioned the TV app, so chromecast was the only option!

TV app started working again for me - on a Samsung smart TV.
  • kingstongraham
    indyP wrote:
    I'm missing the ad-free coverage ES normally make available for Tours. Hope it makes a reappearance. Can't watch the Moto feed things!

I'm still seeing the motos - Moto 5 currently back among the team cars.
  • larkim
    How old is your Samsung TV? And when did it start working again? Happy enough to use Chromecast but sometimes it throws a wobbler, and it annoys me seeing the Eurosport logo on my TV but unable to get it working. Though not tried it for a few weeks.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    If you have one of the newer android TVs it should still be there - they have access to apps off the Play store.

I run it off a PS4 normally.
  • larkim
    Mines a 2015 Samsung, just before they switched their OS to Tizen I believe. So not holding out much hope of it working.
  • kingstongraham
    larkim wrote:
    How old is your Samsung TV? And when did it start working again? Happy enough to use Chromecast but sometimes it throws a wobbler, and it annoys me seeing the Eurosport logo on my TV but unable to get it working. Though not tried it for a few weeks.

TV is from 2017 I think. Started working earlier this year I'm sure.