Where can I buy this stuff?

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Specialized tell me to use this stuff to sort out cable rattle and say it’s available via the dealer network. I got lucky once and have this bit left over but need three more lengths for my new bike.

None of the dealers I spoke to know where to get it so I thought I’d ask here.

Fingers crossed!

BsEgZpo.jpg

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oxoman wrote:
    Looks like soft polyurethane tubing, have you tried ebay or amazon as they tend to have people who sell oddball stuff like this.

i had a quick look to help out the OP and yup, loads of people do it - just a matter of finding the right size that hasn't got a minimum order of 10,000 metres....

#length
    #girth
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Bubble wrap shoved down the downtube for me :idea:

Got one of those Di2 Bluetooth things in-line down there, and it made a racket. Bubble wrap sorted it. Weighs nothing and is free
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Or bike packing foam - you know, the dense, white stuff that comes in big bits like plumbers pipe lagging, to small sheets of about 4mm. Every bike shop has tons of this stuff usually in a skip out the back together with all the cardboard boxes that bikes get delivered in.

They will happily let you take a load of it. You can easily cut bits to wrap around cables etc and hold it on with mini cable ties. You can also just put a number of cable ties around the offending rattling cable and don’t cut the ends off - they act to push tight against the inside of a frame tube and if you have enough of them pointing in different directions they stop the cable rattling.

PP
  • mrdsgs
    mrdsgs Posts: 337
    dismantle standard gear outer cable, it is the middle bit you want.
    Colnago Addict!