Di2 Not Responding

timboellis
timboellis Posts: 223
edited June 2019 in Workshop
Just got my Di2 Bike it worked fine for a moment , but upon setting it up and placing in the Fly in line it no longer works.

The PC can see the battery, junction boxes and levers etc. so all there, however i have now put it back with no D-Fly unit and still no response.

If i press the right or left up/down levers at the same time i get Green Light 1 second then Green and Red together, if i press the control unit for more than 2 seconds both light illuminate.

Any suggestions i am new to Di2 so may be a silly mistake,

Thanks

Comments

• timboellis
    I have just checked and it is not recognising both derailleurs
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Plug it into the PC and set back to default using eTube. Don't try it with your phone as its too problematic. If eTube is recognising everything and it's still not working, is the battery fully charged? If the battery is charged, I would check all of the leads and the connections again.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Whatever you do, don't try updating any firmware with bluetooth... asking for trouble.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    are the cables plugged in correctly. They require quite a firm 'snap'.
  • timboellis
    I updated it via the pc , found everything but no longer seeing the 2 derailuers .

However found that there is a Shimano service center down in Inverness so will give them a shout see if they will take a look

The bike never moved a mm when updating it so no reason to believe any cables disconnected .

However I believe the service centers carry kit to fix bricked components, is this correct ?
  • timboellis
    Well all up and running again, i just disconnected both derailleurs and plugged them back in again and all working, so suspect they just needed to be reloaded to load up the new firmware.