I'm on a quest to find...

kovacsa
kovacsa Posts: 44
edited June 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
a custom or non-standard style cassette.

My current cassette is this...

Model: Shimano CS-HG50-10
Size: 11-36
Cassette Cogs: 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-36

I don't find the smaller cogs that useful, esp 11 and 13. I find the larger cogs more useful for climbing and cycling in general. Does anyone know where I can find a 10 speed cassette that has a cog starting with 14 or 15 teeth all the way up to a cog that has 38 or 40 teeth? The climbing gears would be much more of a benefit to me. Thanks!

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Why not just change the chainring to a smaller one.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • kovacsa
    kovacsa Posts: 44
    robertpb wrote:
    Why not just change the chainring to a smaller one.
    That's an interesting suggestion. This is my current chain ring. Shimano T521 Octalink 170-175mm 48/38/26t 10spd I'm starting to use the small ring more often now as it seems much more versatile. In order not to cross chain as much, I was thinking of getting larger cogs on the cassette. If changing the small chain ring to a smaller one is an easy option, it's something I might consider.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    On my old Meta I have a 11-34 with 34/22 chainrings with a 36 size bashplate in place of the outer chainring. I've never understood the need for a 48 chainring on an MTB.

Chainrings only take five minutes to change.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • tom_howard
    tom_howard Posts: 789
    Thats a Touring chainset. A standard triple MTB one is 22/32/44. Change the rings and you'll be fine
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er