Orbea 'Myo' - experiences..??

imposter2.0
imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Interested to hear from anyone who has gone through the Orbea 'myo' customisation process before buying. What was the delivery timescale like and how much time did the myo process add..?

TIA

Comments

• roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Imposter wrote:
    Interested to hear from anyone who has gone through the Orbea 'myo' customisation process before buying. What was the delivery timescale like and how much time did the myo process add..?

TIA

Hi, I used it recently. Bike ordered in November and ready early Feb. Absolutely fantastic experience thru Epic Cycles. The bike looks amazing and I’m delighted with it. So a very positive experience for me.
  • imposter2.0
    Thanks Roy. So about two months lead time - is that what you were expecting, or was it longer? Trying to gauge how reliable the ordering process is..
  • The latest email from Orbea which obviously directs you to their site, I noticed that customisation was only now available on some bikes, used to be on all.
  • imposter2.0
    Well, I hope their order turnaround is faster than their email. 48hrs after I emailed them, and still no answer...
  • Imposter wrote:
    Well, I hope their order turnaround is faster than their email. 48hrs after I emailed them, and still no answer...

I had experience of emailing them in the past, response was not great and didn't really answer my question. However I can't be critical of their language skills as I speak neither Basque or Spanish.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Imposter wrote:
    Thanks Roy. So about two months lead time - is that what you were expecting, or was it longer? Trying to gauge how reliable the ordering process is..

So I bought thru Epic Cycles and they quoted about 12 weeks. It was slightly early at 10 weeks. I can’t comment on dealing directly with Orbea. Epic were very easy to deal with and responded quickly to emails.