Wahoo Elemnt not displaying any charging functions

brit66
brit66 Posts: 350
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
I've just bought a Wahoo Elemnt and notice there's no indication of when it's charging or when it's fully charged. Looking online at Wahoo support, it says the unit should display flashing lights to indicate both of these functions, but on my new unit, it doesn't. However, it seems to be fully charging, so do I just carry on or send it back for a replacement under warranty?

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Comments

• Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    Press the on off button briefly
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    As above, standard is for the unit screen to go blank while charging. Just press the on off button briefly to see the current state of charge.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • brit66
    Many thanks. It does show charging briefly when I first plug it in and when I do click the on/off button.

The charging info I saw on Wahoo’s site contradicted this, but all seems fine I guess.
  • If I recall, the app on your smartphone also tells you charging level if the unit is active.
  • brit66
    If I recall, the app on your smartphone also tells you charging level if the unit is active.

Yes, it does I now see plus you can add the batt level indicator to the pages on the unit itself as well. Thanks.
  • Brilliant
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles