Oakley EV Zero Blade - fit?

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,471
edited June 2019 in Road buying advice
Anyone tried the new EV Zero Blades yet? I liked the minimalist design of the EV zeros but the fit seemed to be ridiculously loose, as if they were designed for a gorilla or something..

The original Blades were the opposite, almost too tight..

If the new EV zero blades just had a normalish fit for humans (i.e. like the Radars) that would be nice.. :D

Comments

• flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I have a pair, and the shape and fit is virtually identical to my Radarlocks, only the arms of the Blades are about 5mm shorter.
  • neeb
    Sounds good! I have radar locks and like them.

Did you ever try the original ev zero? Are the zero blades a snugger fit?
  • flasher
    I have some EV Strides and they are the same.
  • neeb
    Think I need to find somewhere to try them on.. With the EVs I tried before it was a combination of a relatively wide fit and the flimsiness of the arms that was the issue I think - they just didn't feel like a very secure fit.
  • flasher
    They are very light, you barely know they're there, but they do feel secure once worn and riding. I'm really liking the Blades with the Prism Road lens, a great combination.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    neeb wrote:
    Did you ever try the original ev zero? Are the zero blades a snugger fit?

What do you mean by original? Do you mean Sub Zero or Zero? Like these?

4416005537_13db074a8c_z.jpg

Yes, I have a pair of Sub Zeros, as above. Arms are a little shorter and straighter, but fit or how secure they are to wear, there is little differance.
  • neeb
    No, I just meant the “original” EV ones, i.e. as opposed to the new EV zero blades.

Nice retro original-original zeros! Confusing when Oakley keep rebranding new glasses with old names for things that were very different..
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Oh right. Well, there isn't much difference between any of the EV Zeros, other than the lens shape.