Fork servicing

midgehulluk
midgehulluk Posts: 195
edited June 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
I need to service my forks and would rather give it ago myself if it’s not to hard. Has anyone had any experience in servicing a Manitou Marvel pro??

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not that model but they really are all much of a muchness (I've done Manitou x 2 models and Rockshox x 4 models and a Magura).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • midgehulluk
    midgehulluk Posts: 195
    I was having trouble finding a guide to do this which I have now been pointed in the right direction. I’m just after some where that I can buy the rebuild kit I’d need
  • kirkymtb
    kirkymtb Posts: 31
    TF Tuned would be my go to for fork service kits but they don't seem to have your fork listed. It may be worth a call to see if they have anything.
    https://www.tftuned.com/evil-genius-seal-kit/p648
    My MTB blog...https://wordpress.com/view/mountainbiker.home.blog
    Boardman FS Pro 2016. Whyte PRST 4 2004, Whyte JW 4 2004 :D
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    TF Tuned are super helpful. I had my forks and shock done there this year.

Some things I just don't faff with!
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • krel
    krel Posts: 25
    I want my forks serviced as well (rockshox pike rct3) I really want to try myself but I'm scared of damaging them.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    krel wrote:
    I want my forks serviced as well (rockshox pike rct3) I really want to try myself but I'm scared of damaging them.

See my above comment! :lol:

What I need to do is get a cheap set to practice on.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • krel
    krel Posts: 25
    BillyCool wrote:
    krel wrote:

See my above comment! :lol:

What I need to do is get a cheap set to practice on.

Haha yeah that's a good idea. My second child was recently born so money is thin on the ground as it is, if I did something to damage the fork I think I'd curl into a ball and bubble my eyes out!