Strava log in

surfercyclist
surfercyclist Posts: 894
edited August 2019 in Road general
I always log into Strava using email address and password but recently I've had to log in every freaking time. The "remember me" box which used to be able to select seems to have disappeared? Anyone else seeing this? It seems applicable to several browsers, Edge, IE etc so it doesn't seem to be a browser issue but dunno. On my android phone I'm logged in all the time it only seems to be an issue on the PC.

This is definitely a first world problem but it's still annoying so any hints gratefully received. (Give up Strava no doubt one of the first).

Comments

• OnTheRopes
    OnTheRopes Posts: 460
    Yep this is annoying me as well, its not Browser specific or at least is an issue on Chrome and IE, windows 7 and windows 10.
    I have emailed Strava support a day or two ago but had no reply as yet.
  • Wayne Plunger
    Wayne Plunger Posts: 444
    OnTheRopes wrote:
    Yep this is annoying me as well, its not Browser specific or at least is an issue on Chrome and IE, windows 7 and windows 10.
    I have emailed Strava support a day or two ago but had no reply as yet.

The "remember me" box was still there for me today and all my details were there.

This is probably a consequence of still using xp, which doesn't get updates any more.
  • Sutton_Rider
    Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
    Same here, the 'Remember me' has gone, my details are there though. Using Win 7 and Firefox.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    oxoman wrote:
    Never had a problem with chrome. However if I was giving anything up it would be garmin.

Give it up then.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Same... Windows 10/Firefox.
    I wouldn't bother reporting it to Strava, they never seem to fix any bugs. I get multiple,multiple notifications of Comments and Kudos despite me having reported it getting on for a year ago. They just say they're too busy doing other things.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    The best solution for Strava glitches and annoyances I've found is not to use Strava.
  • surfercyclist
    Alright at least it's not me being a numbty which is reassuring as it seems this is affecting others. For the record I've tried it on several PCs running Windows 10 and browsers Chrome, Edge and IE.

As for not using Strava don't you realise if you ride your bike and it's not on Strava basically that ride never happened... :D
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,834
    Had to confirm Strava login details several times over the weekend, now fine, albeit now as slow as normal over recent months.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    As for not using Strava don't you realise if you ride your bike and it's not on Strava basically that ride never happened... :D

Rides happen, just nobody really needs to know about them :wink:
  • OnTheRopes
    So, got a reply from Strava about this:

Thanks for writing in. This feature is current down while we perform some maintenance on it. The 'Remember Me' function will be back soon and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Skye
    Strava Support Team
  • surfercyclist
    OnTheRopes wrote:

Thanks for writing in. This feature is current down while we perform some maintenance on it. The 'Remember Me' function will be back soon and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Skye
    Strava Support Team

OK, nice one. Hopefully resolved sooner than later. Cheers.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    joe2008 wrote:

Rides happen, just nobody really needs to know about them :wink:

However I dont use Strava for anyone else. I find it a handy training diary to log rides. And see how little I do these days :(
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • dabber
    OnTheRopes wrote:

Best,
    Skye
    Strava Support Team

Fat chance... another month passes and still not resolved (at least, not for me). It seems when Strava introduce a bug it takes them ages to resolve it (if ever).

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Dabber wrote:
    OnTheRopes wrote:

Best,
    Skye
    Strava Support Team

Fat chance... another month passes and still not resolved (at least, not for me). It seems when Strava introduce a bug it takes them ages to resolve it (if ever).

Yep, still same for me having to log in EVERY SINGLE TIME!
  • OnTheRopes
    Yep, fairly tedious you wouldn't think it would take much fixing ffs
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Have to say this is driving me nuts as well.
  • Does anyone really think that hipster geeks in silicon valley care a **** about a bunch of English bikers.

I'd be very surprised if the remember function ever reappears.
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Does anyone really think that hipster geeks in silicon valley care a **** about a bunch of English bikers.

I'd be very surprised if the remember function ever reappears.

I lost my log in once and contacted them for help. Guess what, the "hipster from Silicon Valley" could not have been nicer and more helpful and got me up and cycling again in next to no time.

He was most amused when I called him a "diamond" having never heard the saying before! :D
  • Amazingly it seems Strava have finally fixed it!
  • dabber
    An old thread but.... same problem for me now, "Remember Me" not working.... anyone else?