What carbon wheelset to buy? Medium profile

Aure
Aure Posts: 2
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi,
I am looking to buy a set of carbon wheels with "intermediate profile". Something not too difficult to push on a 1k climb, but still giving descent aero on the flat. Also loking to try tubeless so tubeless compatible i sa plus.
I was looking at the Mavic Cosmic Pro. Any feedback on those? Recommending anything from other brands that would be similar?
Thanks!

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    whats your budget dude?

#finances
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    Have a look at http://www.zedbikewheels.com

I’ve have a couple of mate that purchased at set of the £1100:00
    Elite ? one has the 38mm the other has the 50mmm and both rate them.

Could be worth a look.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Aure wrote:
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a set of carbon wheels with "intermediate profile". Something not too difficult to push on a 1k climb, but still giving descent aero on the flat. Also loking to try tubeless so tubeless compatible i sa plus.
    I was looking at the Mavic Cosmic Pro. Any feedback on those? Recommending anything from other brands that would be similar?
    Thanks!
    Disc or rim brakes? Loads of options around the £800-£1000 mark but best to know which you are after.
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon UST. 40mm and full carbon unlike Exalith and the brakes work in the wet. If you're looking at discs, you wouldn't want Exalith wheels anyway. I may be biased as I got my set for a 1/4 of the retail price, but they have been the best carbon wheels I've owned for handling and braking. Using them as tubeless I've had no problems and the weight is good too.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.