saturday just like bein' born stoned

2»

Comments

• It's a very small world and the likelihood is we will know some of the same people. It's already turned out a good friend is pals with the father of the lad who has taken his life. They shared a room at Cheltenham races last year. Apparently the father now lives in Spain which adds another layer of anguish to the story. He'll feel as if he wasn't there for him. But what can you do. You can't stand by your child's side holding their hand, they wouldn't want you to.

Talking of Marton. It used to be so bike friendly but now is as congested as anywhere else. I have family at Great Ayton which you'll know is a lovely place. But when they have to visit the hospital it's a nightmare return journey. I'm a car driver as well as a cyclist though so of course I'm part of the problem.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Never mind all that ^, what about my wine list?! :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Chateu de meths in most cases. There are some exceeding rough places around here.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Unusual to have something of that scale around here all the same. Redcar I love. I know people laugh at the idea of a vertical pier and it makes no sense to me either. And of course the vast steelworks wont be everyone's idea of the perfect backdrop. But it's so convenient to get to and the carpark at Majuba ( among others ) gives great access straight onto the beach. If there's a better chip shop than Sea Breeze on Lobster Rd I'd love to find it.

I've swam in the Lakes already this year but haven't braved the North Sea as yet.

I do a bit of work around Marton, The Grove, Gunnergate Lane and around the Southern Cross.
    I'm lucky enough to be a couple of hundred yards from the chippy on Warwick Road. Also means the beach/esplanade is walkable. Will try the chippy on lobster Road now you mention it, ta for that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    It's a very small world and the likelihood is we will know some of the same people. It's already turned out a good friend is pals with the father of the lad who has taken his life. They shared a room at Cheltenham races last year. Apparently the father now lives in Spain which adds another layer of anguish to the story. He'll feel as if he wasn't there for him. But what can you do. You can't stand by your child's side holding their hand, they wouldn't want you to.

Talking of Marton. It used to be so bike friendly but now is as congested as anywhere else. I have family at Great Ayton which you'll know is a lovely place. But when they have to visit the hospital it's a nightmare return journey. I'm a car driver as well as a cyclist though so of course I'm part of the problem.
    That is a small world situation you don't always want.

Traffic is quite heavy round Marton, true. Our relatives live just off the A172 on the other side of the Parkway from James Cook and its usually busy when I drop in. Might ask them to visit me next time.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Never mind all that ^, what about my wine list?! :roll:
    I prefer white myself. Does that help? :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I ain't not never bought nuffink from Naked wines Pinno. I would reckon if they're up to snuff, you could ring them up with your preferences and they'd mix you up a case.

Let me have a quick butchers though.
  • hopkinb
    Wot's an "angel" in this Naked wine context? I have not heard of any of the producers they list, and the prices seem high if you aren't an angel. I see they have live chat though, so you could try that.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    Pinno wrote:
    Low tannin easy drinking reds for us. 6 white, 6 red.
    given that specification...
    where grape == merlot
        add 6 of highest rated one to basket
    where grape == pinot grigio
        add 6 of highest rated one to basket
    order

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Being spammed banner ad style on teh internetz by naked wines now...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    install adblock, also privacy badger
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    sungod wrote:
    install adblock,

Got that.
    sungod wrote:
    also privacy badger

I'll look that up.