Forum home Road cycling forum Workshop

CAAD12 frameset build

jgsijgsi Posts: 5,038
edited May 2019 in Workshop
New frameset with a c-bear Shimano BB adapter to press in.
Do I cable up the rear and front mechs internally before pressing in to make life easier or be damned, press it in to get that job out of the way and hope the cable routing works without dramas?

Posts

  • arlowoodarlowood Posts: 2,551
    JGSI wrote:
    New frameset with a c-bear Shimano BB adapter to press in.
    Do I cable up the rear and front mechs internally before pressing in to make life easier or be damned, press it in to get that job out of the way and hope the cable routing works without dramas?

    OK - I'll admit to never having tackled an internally cabled build before. However my instinct would be to do the cabling through the BB area before you press in the C-Bear adapter.

    In the instances where people have reported struggling with routing the cables internally it has often involved guiding things through/around the BB.

    Hopefully others who have more direct experience with CAAD 12 frames will come along to support or flame me.
  • aberdeen_luneaberdeen_lune Posts: 540
    I would cable it first then press in the bb. That’s what I did with my EVO and what I’ll be doing with my winter CAAD12 build when I have enough pennies to buy it this summer.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    cables first 100% otherwise its an absolute nightmare.

    #bloodyinternalcabling
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • jgsijgsi Posts: 5,038
    Now you know what my new build is by the way.
    I shall route the gear cables in prior.. at least I can see things better around the bb area.. and check tolerances with the adaptor shell.
    Good job , Ive taken 2 weeks holiday to do this in June.
  • AlejandrosdogAlejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    JGSI wrote:
    Now you know what my new build is by the way.
    I shall route the gear cables in prior.. at least I can see things better around the bb area.. and check tolerances with the adaptor shell.
    Good job , Ive taken 2 weeks holiday to do this in June.

    One morning to build and tweek almost 2 weeks to ride it! Nice project to have
  • shirley_bassoshirley_basso Posts: 5,657
    What colour is it? Purple I hope
  • jgsijgsi Posts: 5,038
    It is the 'CNCPT' colourway - very grey , like my hair..
    cannondale-caad12-road-bike-frameset-team-cncpt-2019-p339707-507095_medium.jpg
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    mo'fo sweeeeet!

    carbon deep rims and tan wall tubs pleeeaaaasse!

    #sweetas
    #whooooooosh
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • AlejandrosdogAlejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Agghhh that’s lush.

    I’ve got a da group set waiting for one of those
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,785
    That's nice. Cable if first though.

    Is the lower headset bearing still exposed in these with the cutoff at the back of the fork crown?
Sign In or Register to comment.