Power Meter

pma73
pma73 Posts: 116
edited May 2019 in Road buying advice
Hello, I'm looking to buy a power meter for my bike that has SRAM Red with GXP Bottom bracket installed.

Is there a cheap but good single crankarm that you can recommend or have I got to think about replacing the complete crankset for say a Quark dzero or similar.

Thanks.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Stages do a carbon GXP crank arm which would fit with a Red crankset.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    pma73 wrote:
    Hello, I'm looking to buy a power meter for my bike that has SRAM Red with GXP Bottom bracket installed.

Is there a cheap but good single crankarm that you can recommend or have I got to think about replacing the complete crankset for say a Quark dzero or similar.

Thanks.

Personally, I'd stomach the hit and go for a P2M or Quarq powermeter. The type S can be picked up for reasonable money as a complete crankset and is accurate to within +/- 2%.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    I'd buy a pair of Favero Assioma pedals without hesitation: reliable, robust, cheap - pick three.

I've run a set of BePros for 30,000 miles with no problems whatsoever.
  • If you think you are going to get the use out of it and make it a part of your training programme I would stump up the cash for a quarq. Otherwise, personally I'd just go for the cheaper option.