Boardman air internal cabling

jerome3
jerome3 Posts: 209
edited May 2019 in Workshop
Wondering if the rear mech internal cabling takes the inner and outer through the frame

Comments

• lemonenema
    lemonenema Posts: 216
    edited May 2019
    I dont know the specifics of that as I never look at Boardman bikes, but generally internal cabling has frame stops for the outer and just the inner running through the frame. Sometimes there is an inner sheath inside the frame but not usually. Do you not have the bike available to examine directly?

edit - heres a photo from road.cc for an Air 9.2 which shows the cable entering the frame (with inline barrel adjusters), they certainly look like cable housing ferrules to me which would mean the outer stops at the frame but I could be wrong of course.

boardman-elite-air-9.2-cable-routing-1.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    as above - outer will end outside, inner will thread through.

#internalcabling
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    jerome3 wrote:
    Wondering if the rear mech internal cabling takes the inner and outer through the frame

It will depend on the bike/manufacturer. A lot of bikes these days have the outer cable go through the frame. Merida certainly do with the Reacto, Ride and Scultura. Makes recabling a lot easier too.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • jerome3
    jerome3 Posts: 209
    Yeah the rear brake inner feeds straight thru but the front mech has a cable stop there seems to be no cable stop for the rear and it’s a bitch to feed the outer through