wednesday as a door gunner on a huey

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Step83 wrote:
    An there in lies the lesson of mixing prescription medication and alcohol....

?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    shooting people with anything isn't really fun.
    Shooting my brother with spud guns and pea shooters in the 1980's was ok. However, otherwise I agree with you.

we did have some paintball guns kicking around for a recruitment event so we went through a spate of shooting each other in the testicles.

we also had a bb gun in a drawer for a while and would pay a fella £2 to let us shoot him.

but generally i'm not a fan of anyone shooting anyone with anything tbh.....

#anythingformoney
    #stopshootingeveryone
    #gunssuck
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:

did someone mention meds & booze?

#bringiton
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

#bringiton

Some humourless people need it.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    We once had a bridge building evening...
    Their marketing man punted me off in one of the heats and when I told him it was deliberate he told me it was just racing. He didn't last long in the final, I punted him off hard on my way to taking third place. He was furious, especially when I laughed and told him it was racing...

Any wonder?

Pinno's top Jackanory No#56

Eon's ago there was a Grey and white cat who used to visit. He belonged to the farm adjacent to us and took to sniffing around the girls - Midnight, Squidgy Muffin and Higgins. Higgins was called thus because a) we thought she was a Tom cat and b) loved knocking the snooker balls into the pockets.
    The problem was that the girls were never sniffing right because they were spayed. Nevertheless, he used to visit and could often be found sleeping in the utility room courtesy of the cat flap.

One fine day, said cat came round looking for attention and my dearly departed Spaniel, Brutus, who had no quarrel with cats after they put him in his place when he was an over playful pup, was sat next to me.
    I patted the cat in a friendly way and the cat turned on me.
    This flicked Brutus's protective button and he barked very animatedly at this cat. This would have elicited a claw from our moggies but the grey and white cat took flight and Brutus followed. The fence came to the cat's rescue. Rescued from what, I do not know for this is the dog that once caught a rabbit and started licking it.

Then one dark night, Brutus was asleep on the floor, legs in the air, periodic dreaming which sent the legs moving and I whispered "Naught pussy cat - can you hear pussy cat?". He up-righted from his back in an instant. looked at me, looked towards the window and I said "Shhh, come with me..."
    Barely able to contain his excitement, all 4 paws struggling for grip on the lino whilst I lead him to the door and opened it. Woof woof woof woof - off he went into the pitch black...
    Long pause and a very happy dog, wagging his tail, happy to have done his duty, proud as punch returned.

I did this often. It was reserved for late at night when there is no way his sight could have penetrated the dark and he had no idea that the Grey cat never did come back after being chased the first time.

I enjoyed that Pinno i have a few memories that are similar,Jackanory was great even the modern readers brought a smile.
  • pinno
    Cheers CC and you didn't need medication or alcohol :wink:
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Need? hmm i suppose not but wanted yes,like a pair of coal/long/blue i think i could have some fun with both.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

#bringiton

Some humourless people need it.

I have a bottle of calpol and shandy. Life on the edge that.

My own fault been up since god knows working an read it about five times each time it made no sense, feeble mind etc