Offroad tires for trekking bike

yiannism
yiannism Posts: 345
edited May 2019 in Commuting general
I just bought the Merida Crossway D20 for my wife, it came with the schwalbe marathon 28 x 1.50, 700x38C, and i am looking something more suitable for of road. The use of the bike its some light trails with the kids at the park, that the terrain there is sandy on some places, so i need some more grip on those situations. Also i couldnt find which its the max clearance of the bike.

Any help suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• greenamex2
    greenamex2 Posts: 272
    I have the Crossway XT-Edition. It came with 40mm tyres as standard, could possibly go to 42/44 but never felt the need.

Schwalbe Mondial Evo 40mm suit the bike really well. I have done 56 mile sportives with my daughter, mud tracks, cycle paths, tow paths, MTB sportives, grass fields racing the dog etc with them and never had a problem. And they last thousands of miles and rarely puncture.

Planning to club MTB ride at the end of the months, might try some Schwalbe G-One's in either then "Bite" or "Allround" format. I had G-One speeds on my work bike (cyclocross) and they were surprisingly good on mud, and a LOT faster than the Mondial's (about 3 minutes on my 55 minute ish commute), but not as puncture resistant as the Mondial's.

For your amusement mine is CURRENTLY on Marathon Winters, complete with spikes. Really must swap them!
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    greenamex2 wrote:
    I have the Crossway XT-Edition. It came with 40mm tyres as standard, could possibly go to 42/44 but never felt the need.

Schwalbe Mondial Evo 40mm suit the bike really well. I have done 56 mile sportives with my daughter, mud tracks, cycle paths, tow paths, MTB sportives, grass fields racing the dog etc with them and never had a problem. And they last thousands of miles and rarely puncture.

Planning to club MTB ride at the end of the months, might try some Schwalbe G-One's in either then "Bite" or "Allround" format. I had G-One speeds on my work bike (cyclocross) and they were surprisingly good on mud, and a LOT faster than the Mondial's (about 3 minutes on my 55 minute ish commute), but not as puncture resistant as the Mondial's.

For your amusement mine is CURRENTLY on Marathon Winters, complete with spikes. Really must swap them!

Thanks for your answer. I found on a good price the schwalbe land cruiser, what do you think about them?