Gear shifter lever

Zingster
Zingster Posts: 2
edited May 2019 in Workshop
Hi,
Apologies if I am being stupid. I am new to cycling.
I have an old Opera bike which has xenon shifters on at the moment (while I source some better shifters).
My problem is that when looking to change up to the large chainring I have to push the lever so far that it is pretty much at
a right angle before I get a click. Is this a usual thing or does it sound like it is broken?

Another thing, I seem to be missing one of the pivot pins for the brake lever so the brake lever sticks out a bit further. I cant seem to find one anywhere. Is there a different name for this part?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• shiznit76
    shiznit76 Posts: 640
    is it not a cable tension issue with the lever? Might just need pull some more cable through on front derailleur.

As for the pin, is this the wee bit where you can push through to release the tension in the brake callipers ? I know campag have a pin on brake levers for this
  • erksimsek
    erksimsek Posts: 18
    The issue with the left shifter sounds like the front shifter wire is too loose. To replace the pin, you can source a broken Xenon/Mirage/(old) Veloce on Ebay, would be a much cheaper option.
  • erksimsek
    erksimsek Posts: 18
    The issue with the left shifter sounds like the front shifter wire is too loose. To replace the pin, you can source a broken Xenon/Mirage/(old) Veloce on Ebay, would be a much cheaper option.