S21 Campenaerts pls - Ta
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,833
    21: Campenaerts
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Results after Stage 20

Right...which one of you gave Roglic a penalty push, and who threw themselves infront of Lopez? Come on...PTP is only meant to be a bit of fun!!!

knedlicky and FCE2004 marked each other out on the stage but in doing so, managed to gain points over gregster04 and TakeTheHighRoad

Who has any legs left to make a difference on the last stage ITT?
    Half man, Half bike
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    S21 - Campanaerts
  • niknak1
    niknak1 Posts: 528
    S21 - Victor Campanaerts

Cheers
  • Dialatron
    Dialatron Posts: 1,101
    St 21 Roglic
    Old, fat and that's just the bike.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    S21: Campenaerts pls
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    21 Campanaerts
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,687
    S21 Victor CAMPENAERTS please
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    21 Campenaerts
  • 21 campanaerts
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • ridgerider
    21 campanaerts
    I'll allow that as it was before the first rider set off, but you are making my life harder than it needs to be! :)
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    Results after the Final Stage 21

So a surprise winner of the final stage, i.e. no-one picked him, and a surprise winner of the Giro, i.e. no-one picked him.

But apart from that, we all managed to score points on all but one day, so I think that makes us better pundits than someone sticking a pin in the list of riders each day!

So congratulations to knedlicky who came from behind after a poor start but had a solid three weeks overall, and well done FCE2007 and archieboy who were always there or thereabouts...bad luck to the Dumoulin GC pickers who all suffered in the final calculation.

Top ten is as follows: -

1st knedlicky [166]
    2nd FCE2007 [146]
    3rd archieboy [133]

4th RichN95
    5th dish_dash
    6th ShockedSoShocked
    7th= bobmcstuff & OCDuPalais
    9th rozzer32
    10th= Dorset Boy & Joe Totale

Full & Final Scores Here...

So well done everyone, and see you all again shortly, as I hand over to: -

ducknumber 1 for the Criterium du Dauphine from 9-16 June, and
    bobmcstuff for the Tour de Suisse from 15-23 June
    Half man, Half bike
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Thanks for all the work!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,343
    Terrible edition. Didn't really enjoy it at all. Happy with the winner, but no fireworks ever really. Tedious sprint stages and everyone in the end just barely holding on without anyone being able to shift anything at all (If you don't count Roglic getting back onto the podium).

Roglic utterly deserted by his team. Terrible mechanical assistance with an even worse interview of the directeur sportif a day later. Left without support almost the entire way, especially in the mountains.

Lopez did well to hold on to white, but lost a position due to fan interference.

Carapaz a good winner, but imho won because he was given too much time at the start. Did manage to hold on well and might have won regardless, since he didn't lose that much time in the time trials.

Landa is Spanish Richie Porte. Endless contracts for mediocre results. Good job if you can get it.

Yates DOA and MIA

Dumoulin might have had an easy ride to a title if he hadn't crashed and had shown up in shape or ridden into shape. None of this is a certainty, but the race greatly missed his lack of attacking and boringly dieseling up climbs. :wink:

Guilio Ciccone with a great Giro.
    Ackermann with great Giro.
    Caleb Ewan with good Giro.
    Viviani utter failure.

1/10.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bundleboy
    bundleboy Posts: 87
    Thanks Ridgerider and good game all
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,935
    Thanks Ridgerider!
    When Roglic let the jersey go it became breakaway heaven which normally doesn't happen until week 3, not from St5 or whenever it was.
  • ridgerider
    Correction... When Roglic AND wheel sucker Nibali let the jersey move on...
    Half man, Half bike
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Ridgerider wrote:
    So congratulations to knedlicky who came from behind after a poor start but had a solid three weeks overall, and well done FCE2007 and archieboy who were always there or thereabouts...bad luck to the Dumoulin GC pickers who all suffered in the final calculation.
    Thanks for all your work Ridgerider.
    I'm of course very happy to win; I'd invite all other participants to celebrate at a pizza meal if it were that simple.
    I had a little luck in the Viviani DQ (although in the end it wouldn't have changed things, just reduced my leading margin), and possibly in Dumoulin dropping out (although I don't think he would have made the podium this time), while I'm naturally very glad some of my (long considered) 'gambles' paid off.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,437
    knedlicky wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Thanks for all your work Ridgerider.
    I'm of course very happy to win; I'd invite all other participants to celebrate at a pizza meal if it were that simple.
    I had a little luck in the Viviani DQ (although in the end it wouldn't have changed things, just reduced my leading margin), and possibly in Dumoulin dropping out (although I don't think he would have made the podium this time), while I'm naturally very glad some of my (long considered) 'gambles' paid off.

Kinda irrelevant but I think Dumoulin would have won if he'd been there! Happy to meet st Pizza Express anytime :P
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,234
    Cheers Ridgerider - and well played knedlicky: your Gaviria, Masnada and er, another pick (I’m so over this Giro already)... were inspired.