2018 Roubaix Comp Rattle!!!

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited May 2019 in Workshop
I have a new Roubaix Comp 2018 and it sounds like a bag of spanners as soon as you hit the rough road surfaces. I noted the future shock spacer was loose but have now fixed that. I have also done the following;

Lined the internal gear cables with foam/rubber tubes as advised by Specialized
Cable tied the gear and brake cables together as they were touching each other
Checked the torque on the headset, cassette, chain ring bolts, pedals, bottle cages and removed the bottles and tightened every single bolt and screw etc
Tightened inner tube valve washers
Fitted donuts to the inner gear cable in the chain stay

The rattle seems to come throw the future shock/headset or the BB area its very hard to source where the sound is coming from.

Any ideas? The only thing I think I can try is to line the hydraulic cable in the down tube or it may be the disc brake pads or ask for the dealer to check the future shock and headset.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Are you using a gps with an outfront mount?
    If so check that. The tabs can wear slightly and it causes rattling which often sounds like it's coming from all over the bike.

Easy solved with a small piece of gaffer tape underneath.

If not the above then have you checked the spokes and quick release?
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    redvision wrote:
    Are you using a gps with an outfront mount?
    If so check that. The tabs can wear slightly and it causes rattling which often sounds like it's coming from all over the bike.

Easy solved with a small piece of gaffer tape underneath.

If not the above then have you checked the spokes and quick release?
    I’ll check the mount but it’s a brand new Garmin version. Yes checked spokes and through axles.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Do you use a saddle pouch or tool bottle? Is everything secure and wrapped in a rubber band to stop them rattling about? I have an SL4 Roubaix and had a buzzing noise from the rear brake cable rattling in the top tube but a rubber sleeve cured it, the bike is now silent as a mouse, thankfully.