Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

friday flipping fermionic fields

sungodsungod Posts: 13,777
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long and climby maybe, will see how it goes

asked the tabby about the road up to femes, but she said she prefers to stay out of the affairs of humans, finds it all rather distasteful, one day they'll just go away and it'll be more pleasant, i can see that; she considered arranging for an eruption to lay down some smooth lava, thus widening the road, but it would've inconvenienced the local pussycats, again i concur, there are standards one must maintain
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, in Nottingham for a few days an urgent job came up so with bad weather on the cards 8 thought why not
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,588
    Morning
    Off up to Scotland for the weekend for a wedding once I've packed all my stuff.
    I heard it's always wet and muddy in Ae so naturally I'm taking a bike.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,049
    So no TT thistle then?

    WFH which meant a quick bike ride last night and the pub. Tonight will repeat that
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,717
    Morning. Young oxo dispatched for the wkend on DofE training so once OH dropped of at work out on velocipede for longish damp ride. Thistle enjoy Ae, hopefully the locals won't eat you. Hopefully to early for them little critters yet.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,721
    Don't condescend the Tabby - lava takes time to cool and is hot under paw. Then there is the delay to the growth of foliage to make the lava soft under paw.
    You would have to cycle fast on that stuff.

    Ae - If the locals don't eat you, the Midge's will.

    Dropped tricky off early as she is visiting the T Rex at Kelvin Hall. It's cool. It's 'orrible.
    Had coffee, need another one. Today will be pants.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't condescend the Tabby - lava takes time to cool and is hot under paw. Then there is the delay to the growth of foliage to make the lava soft under paw.
    You would have to cycle fast on that stuff.

    Ae - If the locals don't eat you, the Midge's will.

    I can get to Ae in ~15 minutes, does that make me a local?

    In other news, I have recieved an extrememly passive aggressive email from a coleague with the MD copied in. This is shaping up for a very exciting argument!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't condescend the Tabby - lava takes time to cool and is hot under paw. Then there is the delay to the growth of foliage to make the lava soft under paw.
    You would have to cycle fast on that stuff.

    Ae - If the locals don't eat you, the Midge's will.

    I can get to Ae in ~15 minutes, does that make me a local?

    In other news, I have recieved an extrememly passive aggressive email from a coleague with the MD copied in. This is shaping up for a very exciting argument!

    Takes me that long to get to my local shop!


    Just be a bit careful replying you don't know who else is copied in, seen a few come a cropper on that in the past.

    Dull an damp down in the shire, rained in the night so OH is happy the newly planted edible plants have been nourished.
    Day spent playing with random softwares fixing things people with qualifications in the software cant. May roll to the pub later for lunch.
    Bank holiday weekend though so office is quiet.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Heading down to the New Forest for the weekend. Gravel cycle paths with mini and Mrs. We bought mini a new bike a couple of weeks ago, a Frog 62 - she is very happy with it, and likes nothing better than to get her head down and batter out a sprint or two. Also like me, she prefers riding on the road by a factor of 10. Why do we have to ride on all this bumpy mud daddy?
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,796
    HaydenM wrote:
    I can get to Ae in ~15 minutes, does that make me a local?
    Yep, but probably in a 'League of Gentleman' sort of way given the location :)

    Afternoon All, past the half way mark today and coasting downhill towards the weekend. Some lounging, driving, drinking and footy may be involved over the weekend although not all at the same time.

    The only downer is Dad's taxi work this evening interfering with my Friday evening drink: wouldn't mind too much if I was driving The Panzer, but oh no, Stropteen is going out to some after school event so is ditching her car near the school. This means I have to get the bloody train there then drive her back in her car :roll: - it'll be faster if I put a hole in the floor pan and use Fred Flintstone style propulsion.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 7,074
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    it'll be faster if I put a hole in the floor pan and use Fred Flintstone style propulsion.

    I would pay money to see this! :D
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,796
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    it'll be faster if I put a hole in the floor pan and use Fred Flintstone style propulsion.

    I would pay money to see this! :D
    I'll take my toolkit and see what I can do: if I just drive it she'll only be moaning that I'm thrashing the knackers off it trying to make it go at a half decent pace :)

    At least it'll be dark so I won't need to wear a disguise...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,934
    A friend of mine owns a 1L hyundai estate but can manage a sub 10 hour Iron Man, he bought it because he doesn't know much about cars and his OH was convinced that anything over 20k miles will spontaniously blow up. We regularly bully him about how he would be faster running than driving...

    They bought it brand new as well, they keep going on about what a great deal they got at the dealer. It's cringeworthy.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,662 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Hearing was back to normal by this morning, not too much of a hangover wither so a double win. Just been to the cafe for my traditional Fryday fry up, feeling a bit snoozy now. Out after work for a few beers and a curry, just need to dump the velocipede at home and change. Looking forward to the 3 day weekend, even if the weather is going to be a bit rubbish. New (to me) Campag Nuovo Record chainset has just arrived, pleased with that as it's shiny with good teeth on the rings.
    Time for a kip now.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    i hd to pop to bambinos school today from work to pick him up. 2 minute job so couldn't be bothered to get changed out of uniform.

    i turn up.

    big work hi-lux thing
    brown boots
    mtp trousers
    mtp shirt
    mtp smock with all flshes and rank slide
    beret in hand

    "so what do you do for a job?" asks the teacher

    #i'mapostman
    #thosewhocando.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    oh - and i just acquired some mint condition SRAM Red black series brakes to replace the Campag Skeletons on N1.

    #happy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,107
    oh - and i just acquired some mint condition SRAM Red black series brakes to replace the Campag Skeletons on N1.

    #happy

    Single or dual pivot? I have the red single pivots on mine, really nice stoppers
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,721
    HaydenM wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Don't condescend the Tabby - lava takes time to cool and is hot under paw. Then there is the delay to the growth of foliage to make the lava soft under paw.
    You would have to cycle fast on that stuff.

    Ae - If the locals don't eat you, the Midge's will.

    I can get to Ae in ~15 minutes, does that make me a local?

    Only if i'm on the menu.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 46,796
    HaydenM wrote:
    A friend of mine owns a 1L hyundai estate but can manage a sub 10 hour Iron Man, he bought it because he doesn't know much about cars and his OH was convinced that anything over 20k miles will spontaniously blow up. We regularly bully him about how he would be faster running than driving...

    They bought it brand new as well, they keep going on about what a great deal they got at the dealer. It's cringeworthy.
    You can tell him that someone you know would rather be spotted coming out the back of a sheep rather than one of those.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 42,721
    Old Skoda jokes are the best.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 5,588
    TLW1 wrote:
    So no TT thistle then?
    No not this week, maybe next. Up here for a wedding.
    Skiped Ae and went to drumlanrig which was fun after it hailed part way round...
    Will go to ae on the way back and see how they like my English midge repellent.
Sign In or Register to comment.