London Dynamo Richmond Park TTs - 2019

2»

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    -Dash wrote:
    RoubaixMB wrote:
    TGOTB wrote:

Don't go the wrong side of any of the mini roundabouts; you'll get penalised.

Presumably cutting the corner over the cobbles at Richmond gate roundabout is allowed though?

Would there be much point? I'd have thought that's slower. You can take that turn pretty wide at that time in the morning with no traffic too.
    I've never been brave enough to try it on my TT bike, but I don't see why you shouldn't. IIRC you can't take it *that* wide because there are also cobbles to stop you crossing the centreline of the road on the way in.

I love the drag back from Kingston to Richmond with a bit of a tailwind; flattens the gradient right out and makes you feel like Superman!
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    Roe to Robin Hood is always tough.

I've done the RP TT six times now and have barely improved over the years. :lol:
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    Hi

Entries for the second event:

RPTT2, Sunday 30th June, 6am-7am start slots

will open on Thursday 30th May at 12:30 on RiderHQ:

https://www.riderhq.com/events/85379/london-dynamo-rptt-2-0/enter

Hope to see you there!

Cheers, Nick
  • frogonabike
    frogonabike Posts: 157
    Great event! Cheers To all involved with making it happen :D

Notes for next time. Remember shoes. Make it to the start line on time. Do a warm up (not just a 2 minute flat out sprint from the car to HQ) Think I did an unofficial solid mid table time so not too bad considering...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Great event! Cheers To all involved with making it happen :D

Notes for next time. Remember shoes. Make it to the start line on time. Do a warm up (not just a 2 minute flat out sprint from the car to HQ) Think I did an unofficial solid mid table time so not too bad considering...
    What time did you do froggy? I had to pull out. Mrs hopkinb had arranged things for fathers day.
  • frogonabike
    frogonabike Posts: 157
    My official time was 39:56 so if I remove the 13 minutes between my official and actual start time... 26:56 :D Happy with it I suppose but I struggled to get my head into gear a little after the early morning palaver!

I did look for you on the start list but thought maybe you were doing the other date or somet. I'm keen to have another go next year and try to crack the top 10 (ish)