m785 xt brake issue/ advice sort

2»

Comments

• billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    I've always run sintered F&R on both bikes and never had an issue, even in the wet.

I buy these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Are your pads getting contaminated at all? Maybe a teenie weenie leak or something around the caliper?
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    BillyCool wrote:
    I've always run sintered F&R on both bikes and never had an issue, even in the wet.

I buy these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Are your pads getting contaminated at all? Maybe a teenie weenie leak or something around the caliper?

Its going to be something simple I hope, I've got race matrix in the front and semi metallic in the rear as I had a spare pack of these.

Never any trouble with front runs great just the rear, looking at the pads before it looked like glazing to me. one piston must not be working and dragging on the disc or something.

Pretty sure I checked all the usual caliper alignment, check for bent disc etc

I've got another disc in the post to try but thinking of going back to metal pads.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    swod1 wrote:
    Its going to be something simple I hope, I've got race matrix in the front and semi metallic in the rear as I had a spare pack of these.
    Have you tried swapping pads front to back?
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Have you tried swapping pads front to back?

I didn't due to already wrecking a couple pairs pads. The front is running fine and didn't want to mess that one up too.

Its weird cant get to the bottom of the issue.

Caliper alignment checked it all again last night no rubbing, even space between disc and both pads.

Is there away to sort out a lazy piston in the caliper could be dragging a pad on the disc?

They are certainly glazing too easily for my liking which is causing the squeaking once the brake is applied fully but not locking up the wheel.

Or maybe cut my losses and just buy a new brake but its more interesting to find and fix the fault.

Might try some of the metal pads from evans, the brakes came originally with icetech metal pads and ran great when they were setup.

The issue is like awhile back when I first had a pair of shimano m446 brakes on a new bike and the resin pads that came with them just wouldn't bed in ended up trying alsorts which I think got rid of the brakes for the xts and seems like its happening again.