Bike build help

Woodymtb
Woodymtb Posts: 2
edited April 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all, hope someone can help me here.

I am building a trail bike from the ground up, its a 2018 Cube stereo sidewinder frame and I cant seem to find the right rubber grommets that go in the frame where the cables route. The hole in the frame is rectangular with rounded ends (if you see what i mean!). They are approximately 8mm by 20mm and i need 7 in total. Only 1 cable going through each for now until I get a dropper post then i'll need to pick up one that has 2 holes.

I have searched about and there are a few online but when i try and find the ones specifically for my bike i cant see anything. There are some I've seen, Shimano Di2 SM-GM02. I wonder if these may work?

thanks in advance

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    They're likely to be essentially frame specific. The best thing to do is to find a shop which stocks Cube frames and ask if they can get some. If you bought the frame from a shop, ask them first.
  • slc123
    slc123 Posts: 407
    When I built up my last bike (Trek Slash) it was really hard to get hold of them anywhere other than Trek as people don't tend to stock them. I would suggest you contact Cube directly and they can probably put you in touch with someone.
    Cannondale Trail 27.5 | 2015
    Titus El Chulo 27.5 | 2017
    Trek Slash 9 27.5 | 2015 (building)