Tarmac Expert DA SL5

stewartk
stewartk Posts: 8
edited April 2019 in Road general
I'm still riding a 2003 Trek 5500 and will be getting a 2018 Tarmac Expert DA shortly. I assume I'll feel a big difference in the ride. Just wondering if anyone has had any particular issues with that bike. Also do you know how wide of a tire would fit on that bike. I'll be riding the HED Begium C2 Rims. (non-tubeless) I'll also be using either the Vittoria Open Corsa CX or the newer Corsa G tires,

Comments

• molteni_man
    molteni_man Posts: 444
    Hi stewartk.
    I bought a Tarmac SL5 Comp Disc back end of last year. I added some Mavic Cosmic Pro wheels as the price for the bike in a sale was so good. I see you are on a SL5 too. Mine Came with Ultegra which is fab, so your Dura Ace will be even smoother!
    Over the last few weeks have got to know my Tarmac well. I have been pleased with the performance combined with a really good comfort.It descends really well feeling very sure footed.
    Dropped 2 spacers off the front after a couple of rides. Did a three and a half hour non- stop ride on it a couple of weekends ago and didn’t feel any discomfort at all.This bike seems to do everything well. I fitted some 25 mm Continental GP4000S tyres which is a tyre and size I like. There’s certainly no room/ clearance for a 28mm GP 4000S though.
    I haven’t ridden a SL6 yet, but they look impressive.
    This is my second Specialized road bike and it does seem they put much effort into the frame design.I went the disc route and have to say I am becoming a convert also owning a gravel bike with discs.
    Let us know how you get on with your new bike! Best wishes.