Rim brake pads

yiannism
yiannism Posts: 345
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
What do you suggest other than the shimano? (my groupset is shimano and i am looking for replacement pads), no more winter in Cyprus (we had the rainiest of the last century), typical hot weather, and i climb (and going down) a lot. My wheels are alu

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Someone will be along shortly to suggest Swisstop or whatever, but I've honestly noticed no difference between those or any other generally available pads. Personal favourites are Wiggle lifeline, because they are ridiculously cheap and work perfectly well.

'Brake' - by the way - not 'break'...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    yup - as above.

koolstop are also very good and half the the price of swissstop which a very expensive for what they are.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Another thumbs up for Lifelines
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • I know that I have already been contradicted above, but in my experience Swisstop BXP (blue) are significantly better than stock Shimano, especially in the wet. I have also tried Aztec and Koolstop and although they are better than Shimano they still were not as good as Swisstop. I haven't tried the Lifelines so they may be equally good, but having found a pad that I can trust I'm not going to bother changing for the sake of £10 a set.