Arm covers - sun protection

supermurph09
supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Like a few people in the UK this weekend despite putting on sun lotion I’ve managed to burn my arms, stupidity I know.

Can anyone recommend any “sun sleeves” or whatever they might be called? I think they would be a good idea for longer rides.

Thanks.

Comments

• stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    I use the Rapha arm screens, cooler than arm warmers and UV50 protection. They've worked well for me.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I know you said you use sun protection but I burn like the OH's cooking at the slightest hint of sun unless I use P20 UV50. Was perfect, even in Tenerife last year

P20-Sunfilter-100ml-SPF-50-629062.jpg
  • coops1967
    coops1967 Posts: 99
    edited April 2019
    Go to DeSoto website, or amazon etc...

they do short sleeved jerseys - the 'skin cooler' are the ones... but for seriously sunny conditions, and a hatred of sticky sun lotions .. get the long sleeved top- it's for 'triathlons' but don't let that put you off.

Long sleeves in the skin cooler material, pockets in the back (in a vertical arrangement, but that's ok) and yes... there's no zip.

'tis great - so says this Bangkok living person currenlty in 38degC or so and plenty of humidity.

The skin cooler beanie is worth getting while you're buying - rivers of sweat dripping into contact lensed eyes is not pleasant.

https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... sleeve-top

LSSC_White_Front_02_1024x1024.jpg?v=1552339647

ps the bib shorts are great too, the '400 mile' ones do what they say on the tin and the Fli bib has a handy fly for easy peeing :D

pps they do do arm sleeves only -
    https://www.desotosport.com/collections ... -cooler-90
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    HaydenM wrote:
    I know you said you use sun protection but I burn like the OH's cooking at the slightest hint of sun unless I use P20 UV50. Was perfect, even in Tenerife last year

This. Been using it for years. One application and all day out on the bike in the French Alps, Mallorca, Tenerife and mainland Spain. Never burned.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    HaydenM wrote:

This. Been using it for years. One application and all day out on the bike in the French Alps, Mallorca, Tenerife and mainland Spain. Never burned.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Another vote for P20, fantastic stuff.