Hoods comfy drops not as much

andyh01
andyh01 Posts: 599
edited April 2019 in Road general
Hi all
I recently purchased a new adventure bike for the commute and once a week club run, I'm now also tempted to have a go at the club's 10m TT just against myself and clock as a way to keep interested but not sure.

Anyway I'm a smallish rider and got a 52cm frame as the fitting guide suggested and I do feel mostly comfortable on it, after a few hours hard riding neck and top shoulders aches a bit due I think to fatigue.

My hands feel comfortable when on the hoods but not as much in the drops, partly I think the c is too sharp further up so more comfortable towards the end but then party when further toward ends I have to stretch to reach the brake and gear lever.

I upgraded the bars to 3T carbon gravel bars which are slightly flared

Is there anything I could do to adjust to make the drops more comfortable or reach the lever/gears better, I prefer covering the brak s just in case.

I'm also tempted to.lower the front end as the seat is as high as I can get it with still having a slightly ghr bend in the leg on the bottom of pedal but the bars are currently just a bit lower than seat.

Would lowering the front end make the bike feel more aggressive and all else been equal slightly quicker for the same effort, or as feel fine as is at mo other than shape I think of the curve in the hoods leave it as is?

I guess I can always play around and put back if feel worse, just a bit reluctant to losen the headset as I don't currently have a torque wrench.

Thanks Andy

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If you lower the bars them there will be more pressure on your hands. Not sure if that will help with comfort ? But try it anyway. Ive never bothered with a torque wrench in my life.
  • I suggest you get a bike fit.