Frameless sunglasses

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a good set of frameless sunglasses for on the bike?
Preferably to suit smaller faces.

Thanks

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,144
    I love my Oakley EV Zero Strides.

Weigh nothing, good face coverage, superb optics, and I paid a bargain £63 for mine.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Tifosi are pretty good. I like the ekoi ones a few pros are wearing this year to.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    super_davo wrote:
    I love my Oakley EV Zero Strides.

These are great, so light you forget you're wearing them.
  • redvision
    Thanks for the recommendations.

Was hoping to try on a few pairs in some shops today but there were no frameless sunglasses anywhere :evil:

Looking at the usual online shops, the tifosi ones look good value. The Oakley look like the lenses are quite large. Can anyone advise how they compare size wise to radars?

Cheers
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,144
    I have a pair of fake Radars I've been able to compare mine to, which presumably are the same size as originals.
    The Strides lens is very slightly narrower, but much taller. On the face most of the extra height is where the frame would sit so they sit at a similar height at the top. When on, they cover your eyes so well and weigh so little you genuinely forget you're wearing them.
    My friends wife has he same pair as me (in a different colour) she has a much smaller face than me, but they look fine on both of us.
    Can't see a pair for anything like the price I paid for mine, which definitely shows the value of buying shades in the autumn/winter!
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    redvision wrote:
    The Oakley look like the lenses are quite large. Can anyone advise how they compare size wise to radars?

I have some Radarlocks and EVZero Stride, the Stride lenses are very slightly narrower maybe 3mm or so (as already mentioned) and approx 10mm deeper, split evenly between the top and bottom, certainly not as big as the pictures make them look.
  • redvision
    Thanks for the info.
    Tbh my radars always looked slightly too big for my face so hearing that the strides are a bit taller I think I will probably go for a pair of Tifosi's.

Although thinking about it, it would probably be wise to order a few different pairs to try and keep the ones that for best.
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    I have a pair of these, which claim to be photochromatic:

https://www.sunwise.co.uk/collections/c ... s-midnight

they do alter in different light conditions, but never get really dark, so perhaps not that great in strong light. These are my go-to commuting shades, when it's still a little dark in the morning. I have quite a small noggin, and they are light and comfortable, and I think you can shop around and get them for much less than the RRP.
  • redvision wrote:
    Looking at the usual online shops, the tifosi ones look good value. The Oakley look like the lenses are quite large. Can anyone advise how they compare size wise to radars?

Which Radars?
  • redvision
    redvision wrote:

Which Radars?

The radar path.
  • redvision wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Which Radars?

The radar path.

OK, I have some of those. I'll take a photo when I get home with an Ev Zero Pitch and Range, if that's any help.
  • redvision
    redvision wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Which Radars?

The radar path.

OK, I have some of those. I'll take a photo when I get home with an Ev Zero Pitch and Range, if that's any help.

That would be great if you could. Thanks. :D
  • Here you go, hope this helps.

47636148952_e9192cbd0e_z.jpg

47636150482_f5a1991258_z.jpg
  • redvision
    Here you go, hope this helps.

47636148952_e9192cbd0e_z.jpg

47636150482_f5a1991258_z.jpg

Brilliant, thanks for posting this.
  • You might also find this useful for comparing the different EV Zero lenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kIcSZW1FpA