Duo trap S cadence sensor on Emonda

david7m
david7m Posts: 636
edited April 2019 in Workshop
Hello
Anyone fitted one?
The standard band is too thick and the thin one too far away so it picks up intermittently. Have put spacer behind thin band and it's about 2mm from frame, which is slightly less than the standard band.
Anyone else had this?
Will it flex so it rubs the frame? I not kicking out 1000kw:)

Comments

• Fitted one with the standard band and no issues at all.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I fitted one to my Domane. I had to mess about with a home made spacer . Some months later the spacer magnet and band disappeared. I used a small magnet ( about 1 cm diameter and 2mm thick) from an old phone case closer that stuck to the end of the pedal spindle. Worked great.
  • david7m
    Fitted one with the standard band and no issues at all.

Got a picture?
  • david7m
    lesfirth wrote:
    I fitted one to my Domane. I had to mess about with a home made spacer . Some months later the spacer magnet and band disappeared. I used a small magnet ( about 1 cm diameter and 2mm thick) from an old phone case closer that stuck to the end of the pedal spindle. Worked great.

Great idea! So the 135 to 145mm range is BS as my pedal is back from the sensor?
  • timbo_tim
    timbo_tim Posts: 199
    I guess it depends on your crank length, but I did the same as above. My band split so I took the magnet out of it and electrical taped it to the end of the spindle. If you look at the sensor you can see where the cadence sensor is supposed to line up?
  • david7m
    I can see where it's supposed to be, but the magnet in thinner band is tiny. The magnet in the band that came with it fits perfect over the 8mm hex spindle but it fall off no doubt.
    Seems a bit naff on brand new bike :(