Cannondale Super Six Evo claim issue.

feins
feins Posts: 6
edited April 2019 in Road general
I had a Supersix Evo 2014 bought in 2015 September bought in Malaysia and it had a wheel alignment issue from day one.
The LBS didn't notice there is a problem with the dropout misalignment and been advice for many try out from like brake calliper adjustment, wheel turning, QR replacement, brake cable replacement and even loan other test wheel set for testing and still the issue remain and lastly early 2018 finally the LBS send a request to Cannondale for Claim and been month without news.
Lastly the LBS request me to contact Cannondale International and this what they come back to me.
Ive forward the request from Cannondale International to the LBS and from his information they already provide the detail during early 2018 for claim and until now its 2019 April no news from Cannondale regarding the issue and Cannondale did mention their Frame are lifetime warranty.!

On 22 Feb 2019, at 8:50 PM, International <international@cyclingsportsgroup.com> wrote:

Dear Ivan
Thank you for writing and your support of Cannondale products. We are sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with your bike. We have verified the information you submitted and it looks like this bike is approximately 5 years old. Unfortunately receiving this claim through our Warranty department, the team will review all the information provided in the claim to determine if the frame would be covered under warranty. The misalignment issue, if was present from the beginning, should have been submitted for warranty claim upon the initial first year of ownership. Unfortunately our team can only look at the receipt, warranty card and the photos, we don’t have the local bike shops comments with regards to this being an existing issue from day 1. Our team would have declined the warranty claim due to this bike having been in use for 5 years. Alignment issues out of the box, need to be addressed and sent for warranty claim consideration immediately to be covered under the Warranty Policy which is for manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. Our suggestion at this time, please contact the local distributor to discuss the situation with them in more detail and facilitate the conversation of the local dealer and the distributor to provide the service history for further discussion on this issue. Only with this detail can the distributor resubmit the claim for further consideration.
Again we appreciate your support of our products and we hope your situation can be further discussed to see what options are available.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    You need to look at Malaysian consumer laws. If you had bought it in the UK your issues would be with the shop as they have sold you a product that is not fit for its purpose.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Is it much of an issue if it's now four years old ? Presumably it doesn't stop you riding it ?
  • feins
    edited April 2019
    cougie wrote:
    Is it much of an issue if it's now four years old ? Presumably it doesn't stop you riding it ?

The issue start from day 1.
    Im just a rider and doesn't know the issue with the Bike as i've log a complain to the LBS each time i send the bike for service.
    The LBS didn't realise that the issue are from the frame it self as he just tough its might be due to mechanical or usage issue as what i describe from my post that the LBS did try to replace brake cable, align or tighten the brake calliper, replace with a different QR or ask to tighten it as tight a possible before ride or even loan a different sets of wheels to test until all been done in the 1st 3yrs as i dont ride much with the bike so 1mth maybe 2 to 3 time previously and send the bike for service quarterly.
    The LBS did help to provide a lot of trouble shooting until lastly early 2018 he finally log a report to Cannondale Asia.
    We had wait for over 1/2 yrs without any feedback so i log the complain through Cannondale US and Cannondale US request me to direct to Cannondale International and that's what Cannondale International reply me which really let me down from a Company that treat his client such a way and it mention that the frame set carry a lifetime warranty.
    I try to send a few followup email to them and they dont even bother to reply me and from the case status is category as closed.
    The bike is still at the LBS from early 2018 till now. From your question does it stop me from riding, well the rear wheel will run out of alignment after 1/2 way of riding and i need to stop readjust the QR so it dont brush the brake calliper or hit the chain stay.
  • feins
    Webboo wrote:
    You need to look at Malaysian consumer laws. If you had bought it in the UK your issues would be with the shop as they have sold you a product that is not fit for its purpose.
    I don't think the Malaysia Consumer will entertain me on this.
  • webboo
    It’s not the company that have failed you it’s your LBS.
  • feins
    Webboo wrote:
    It’s not the company that have failed you it’s your LBS.
    According from the LBS that he did send the report to Cannondale Asia and according from Cannondale Asia that the detail already submit to Cannondale but now is that Cannondale International dont even wanna reply me query until now.

Here are the email that the LBS forward me to proof that he did forward the detail for my claim to Cannondale Asia.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 29 March 2019 at 1:45:23 PM MYT
    To: Tan Chee Kiong <cannbikes@gmail.com>
    Subject: Re: White bike photo top up

Bro ,

Regrading the new request from claim side need some detail of bike service within in few years after buy as below :

Cannondale Super six evo Bike Service Record

1st Service 1/2016

Check wheel,
    Did Wheel true complain wheel not alignment after few ride.

2nd Service 28/6/2016

Replace Tyre, Tube and Saddle Bag,
    Check Wheel for not alignment and suggest to use different QR. Check Wheel true and no issue.

3rd Service 10/2016

Check Brake calliper, after few ride wheel slanted one side.

4th Service 3/2017

Wheel still slanted issue. Check wheel no issue suggest tighten and check RQ during each ride.

5th Service 7/2017

Service replace shifter cable and brake cable as suggest by bike shop to see will it help on wheel slanted issue to isolate not issue with Brake calliper.

6th Service 11/2017

Wheel slanted issue complain. Loan another wheel set to test if issue due to existing wheel set.

7th Service 3/2018

Return wheel set. Wheel slanted issue remain on loan wheel set.
    Bike shop suspect issue with Frame.
    Claim request submit to Cannondale distributor.
    Bike remain at bike shop for claim.
  • webboo
    It took the shop two years to suss the frame was out of true.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Webboo wrote:

thats retail for you
  • feins
    Webboo wrote:
    No doubt that the Shop toke more than a year to verify the issue still if the issue from the frame Cannondale should consider the claim is it? That’s what the lifetime warranty’s about?
    Cos here there’s is only one Cannondale authorize bike shop here at my place.
    Also the best part is Cannondale Asia deny that there are such issue with the year 2014-15 model and told me that there are no such claim been reported before.
    As now I don’t know what’s the next action that I could take.