edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, lab, early bail perhaps

temperature seems to be improving, still nippy first thing though
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Early to bed and early to rise but think of the fun you miss.

Me i'm going to sunny Glasgow me. It's warmer there than here so i'm going winter to spring and then back to winter again.
    Keep an eye out for MF (up). 'Pop these with a few glasses of Chianti' is the equivalent Asteroids Hyperspace button. It was the space bar on the Commodore 64.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder here today, bring on summer, some paperwork to do,hopefully a bike ride later on
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice walk with the hound and now relaxing watching the kids kill zombies whilst I wait for the current wife to wake up.

As always, right before an event I follow the training plan and it’s always too ferkin late! Nevertheless split run with 4 miles just with dog and then 4 with the wife.

Then off to Padstow For lunch
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Into Malaga for mooching. Out for dinner a deux with mrs H3 later.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Watch out for weird hats again hoppy.

Warmer today, quite damp but it did tip down with rain so would make sense. Mainly messing with SQL software today for reasons unknown. downloading a plugin thats bigger than the actual application so thats fun!

Coffee and a wander while it does it, nose on Prenda's for caps an stuffs while I do.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Working at home again for round two of the window and door replacement project, followed by Dads taxi to the O2 as Stropteen is off to a Sean Mendes (WTF is he?) concert. Not planning on hanging around there for 5 hours so will come home in between. In the meantime, a spot of work...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sean Mendes? Doesn't he play right midfield for West Ham?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    anyway, bambino had massive gravel off roady crash earlier. impressive gravel rash. afternoon will now be spent repairing his bike.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hmmmm - l/h shifter has locating pin issue - not sure how he managed to do that.

need a 3rd hand and as all the MFs are watching the cycling on the telly I'm going to have to wait for TDV to come home so i can use the pretence of her holding the shifter in place while i look down her top. i mean adjust the locating pin.

no, not that "locating pin" you filthy minded bunch.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Two site visits, a sweaty chicken salad, 29 messages from the "whats happening at weekend?" whatsapp group and I now realize I need a new BBQ!

I really need to do some decorating tonight but I also really need to fettle a Bianchi... Either way I might buy some beer!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    so, S3 fettling done today:

handlebars tilted down by a mm or two
    race shoes sorted with new insoles
    80 deep rim fitted on the front - 90 deep rim on the rear
    140psi in both to annoy clubbies
    new aero helmet worn for first time

it now rocks. still reckon ultegra 8000 is the wrong groupset for it but its really lovely (the bike, not the groupset).

just need to trim off spacer stack, get some pictures & post review.

Step: bar and stem combo work lovely - look really cool, fit together lovely, really nice & stiff) but finish on the bars is tat ""superzero" is peeling off under the stem already and its only been moved (v. gently) once. I might get some acetone on it and make it read " Superhero".

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Shirley ShimaNO need to find different series numbers.

Me whacked me.
  • step83
    Good to know matt, I cant remember did you use the guitar pic like top cap for the stem?

Started slapping some better parts on the commuter as its soon to be prompted temporarily. Its a bit of a dogs dinner mix of parts but it'll do, quick spin seems OK didn't fall apart so I'll take that as a good sign.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Good to know matt, I cant remember did you use the guitar pic like top cap for the stem?

Started slapping some better parts on the commuter as its soon to be prompted temporarily. Its a bit of a dogs dinner mix of parts but it'll do, quick spin seems OK didn't fall apart so I'll take that as a good sign.

negatron to the cap - looked at yours, scratched my arris then found a completely flat fsa one to replace the domed cervelo one that comes with the bike and looks gash.

you'll see what i mean when i post piccies.

currently so broke after spending the remainder of my money on the new helmet that can't get anything new for ages.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening

Turned this morning's 3 mile commute into 7 by going via the BMX track.
    More no cycling signs have gone up :evil:
    Sacked off trail centres this evening and went for ride in btfk nowhere in the hills, was lovely, hardly saw a soul.
  • pinno
    'btfk' ?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    'btfk' ?
    Buttfuck

Guess the swear filter doesn't work here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Evening folks,
    Busy day had added meetings and late pub lunch with customer/supplier/competitor. Being Wednesday I followed this up with a trip to a pub.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

negatron to the cap - looked at yours, scratched my arris then found a completely flat fsa one to replace the domed cervelo one that comes with the bike and looks gash.

you'll see what i mean when i post piccies.

currently so broke after spending the remainder of my money on the new helmet that can't get anything new for ages.

Ah yes I think I remember you saying about having a top stack? I've ended up 100% flush fit
    Wheels sound very interesting by the way, shall await images! Reminds me I still need to do some proper ones of mine.
  • Matthewfalle
    how did you get it completely flat with the stem?

#intrigued
    #topstacksucks
    #notaclubbie

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    'btfk' ?
    Buttfuck

Guess the swear filter doesn't work here.

Ha ha.

Let's see...

Clusterfuck.
  • step83
    how did you get it completely flat with the stem?

#intrigued
    #topstacksucks
    #notaclubbie

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-expander-bung/

Means you can clamp without cracking the top of the carbon as the upper bolts compression is spread over the alloy top and carbon.

I'll get a couple of photos tonight for you.