About to buy a Canyon...

hadoken
hadoken Posts: 29
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I am about to buy a Canyon Endurace CF 7.0, but have a question on their sizing, I'm 5ft 6 and using the sizing calculator on the Canyon website it recommends a XS.

I currently ride a Triban 520 size S, TT is 535, stack 549 and reach 378, the Canyon has a TT of 526 and stack and reach of 541 and 366, Does this seem too small?

The Canyon is currently showing a delivery date of early July, don't want to place an order to find when the bike arrives its too small!

Anyone on here own a Endurace CF 7.0 in a XS, and if so how tall are you?

Thanks

Comments

• ds2288
    ds2288 Posts: 36
    Not an Endurace but I’m just a tad under 5’8” and ride an Ultimate in XS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    lots of discussion over this - seems consensus is to go with what the sizing calc says.

https://road.cc/content/forum/240175-ca ... ng-dilemma
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • alanyu
    alanyu Posts: 73
    If you know the meaning of Stack and Reach, forget that TT. You need to compare S, R, STA(seat tube angle) and standover for the frame.
    As STA of Endurance is all 73.5 of all the size, assuming that is suitable for you, then just think about S, R and standover. Actually I would recommend size S instead of XS for the frame, which has a similar R to 520, and a larger S can make you feel more relaxed (that so called STR).
    However, 7.0 is not just a frame, it is a bike. The crank length of S is 172.5, jumping from 165 of XS. It maybe not suitable for you, also the seat height range, if your leg is not amazing long. For example, I'm 170cm tall with 80cm inseam, my BB-saddle height is 693 with 170 crank, which was suggested by dynamic fitting.
    If you want a similar geometry setting, assuming the R and D of handle bar is similar, you need 1cm longer stem comparing to 520 for XS.
  • i'm same height...hired a S Endurace a few times..spot on.Normally ride a 52 Caad 10 if that helps.
  • tpbiker
    tpbiker Posts: 24
    I have an ultimate. Usually I'm a medium on all my bikes but the canyon is a small. I'm 5.9.