dhb jersey sizes vs castelli

hostman
hostman Posts: 104
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi,

Keen to try some dhb clothing, good stock, like the styles, good prices.

I have several castelli jerseys, would typically need an extra large with their ranges.

Does anyone have any experience with dhb and castelli and if their sizes are similar?

Going off the dhb size guide I'd be a medium. Going off castelli size guide I'd be a medium also which I know isn't right because anything less than an extra large is just far too tight and unforgiving!

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Trust the dhb size charts. Castelli are all over the place.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    Aren't they supposed to be tight fitting? I'm generally medium in dhb, large in Castelli. But the large for the Castelli aero race jersey is about the size of a postage stamp before you stretch it to put it on.

I find the Castelli sizes are more to do with height and body length than width. They are always quite narrow.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    I typically choose an L in dhb as I prefer the jerseys slightly loose - an M gives me a 'race fit'... the size chart says I'm borderline M/L which is about right.

In Castelli I have an L Perfetto Long sleeve which is snug and an XL Perfetto Light short sleeve which is also snug... I could not even do the zip up on the size L Perfetto Light.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I read somewhere recently that Castelli tops are sized and shaped for when you are in your riding position. Makes sense, but it does make them feel a bit 'twisted' when you try them on standing up. Their sizing is very snug, to say the least. DHB are more conventional in my experience, medium means medium etc.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"