Specialized Roubaix Comp 2018

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited April 2019 in Your road bikes
Sold a load of gear to get this is the sale.

2018 Roubaix Comp

Dropped the front end as much as possible and may loose the Hover bars at some point. Swapped the saddle for my Toupe.

Gearing is a little off for my liking so I will stick an 11/28 on at the weekend. So far very pleased.

Paint job is really nice as it looks black most of the time. It’s only when you catch the sunlight it changes colour to the purple shade you see in the photo.

g58VUXQ.jpg
iHd6Dyv.jpg
rCk3krM.jpg

Comments

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Beautiful looking bike and love that colour way. Would imagine it rides beautifully. Enjoy !
  • bmxboy10
    Yes it’s very plush. Was going to keep my Tarmac too but not sure it’s worth it now so might let it go and have one bike.
  • Looks great. How heavy is it?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    BMXboy10 wrote:
    Yes it’s very plush. Was going to keep my Tarmac too but not sure it’s worth it now so might let it go and have one bike.

My mate and I rode Tarmac for about 4 years 2010 - 2014 and I felt back then that the SL4 was too stiff and my mate also migrated to a Roubaix SL4 and he was blown away. As fast, but far more comfort. Thankfully some brands have dialled back the stiffness now. I am running one bike now, winter is turbo time, keep mine cleaned and maintained works a charm. One stop bike solution actually OK.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    A great bike and I love mine (same colour as the OP's and dropped the stem the same as well). Although I haven't specifically weighed mine I would say that it is a bit on the heavy side and there is a noticeable difference in my times on it compared to on my Wilier Cento Uno. But comfort and crap road handling is really good and so I kind of alternate between it and the Wilier.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bmxboy10
    Dabber wrote:
    A great bike and I love mine (same colour as the OP's and dropped the stem the same as well). Although I haven't specifically weighed mine I would say that it is a bit on the heavy side and there is a noticeable difference in my times on it compared to on my Wilier Cento Uno. But comfort and crap road handling is really good and so I kind of alternate between it and the Wilier.
    Dabber

Have you had any issues with rattles from the front end? Going through a process of elimination but I’m sure it’s not the future shock probably just cable rattle.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    BMXboy10 wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Dabber

Have you had any issues with rattles from the front end? Going through a process of elimination but I’m sure it’s not the future shock probably just cable rattle.

Nothing other than a little bit of cable rattle. Future Shock all seems nice and smooth. I had the recall done a few months ago.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • bmxboy10
    Dabber wrote:
    BMXboy10 wrote:
    Dabber wrote:
    Dabber

Nothing other than a little bit of cable rattle. Future Shock all seems nice and smooth. I had the recall done a few months ago.

Yeah just get an annoying rattle when the road surface is rough.