Tubeless valve/sealant injector system

joey54321
joey54321 Posts: 1,297
edited April 2019 in Workshop
I have one of these;

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Giant-Tubeless ... wUQAvD_BwE

which I bought to help stay on top of sealant levels and ease top ups. However, the various valves I have seem to have too small a hole for the 'needle' to get through, so will injecting sealant it just ends up filling up the valve and spilling all over the floor rather than going down into the tyre.

Does anyone have any other good options that avoids breaking the bead? I guess I could replace all my valves with Giant's tubeless valves (which you'd have to think it works with).

p.s. I know about Milkit, but I ordered some and was very put off by the lack of quality for the price so returned them.

Comments

• lemonenema
    lemonenema Posts: 216
    That strikes me as odd, all presta valves as far as Im aware are the same diameter, same goes for the cores theyre all interchangable. The Tredz website description says 'Fits: Presta valves with core removed' - doesnt specify Giant's own valves.
    IMO I would contact Tredz and get advice and possibly a refund.

Personally I use a 20ml Luerlock syringe (check ebay/ amazon) the tip fits nicely in to the valve and I then wipe the inside with some tissue paper.
  • joey54321
    Ah, it goes in the valve end, its the other end it doesn't fit through. The rubber bits at the 'bottom' of the valve seem to all have different size holes.
  • lemonenema
    lemonenema Posts: 216
    ok I think I understand now, Id try pushing it a bit harder to get through. The rubber at the base of the valve doesnt serve any purpose internally, only externally to seal the valve hole so you can make yours bigger if needed.

Ive just been on live chat with Tredz customer service and theyve confirmed the kit works with any tubeless presta valve
  • joey54321
    Thanks, I'll try cutting away some of the rubber. There is no way it'll fit through without some knife work