Vittoria Corsa G tubulars

earth
earth Posts: 934
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Anyone tried the new graphene version of the Corsa tubular? How are they for puncture resistance?

Comments

• thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Do you mean the Graphene 2.0 4C ones with the red logos released last month? Not sure they're available in the UK yet, so chances are that long term reviews are zero for now.

If it's the G+ version that's been around for a few years then yeah, they're very much worth a shot!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    I've got the G+ clinchers...

they are awesome tyres, which I use sparingly in the dry season, so nothing to report on the puncture front
    left the forum March 2023
  • earth
    I had read about the new version but I meant the first version.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    That's the ones I run then. Lovely tyres as Ugo says, with no issues for me yet. I'm on the tubs with tan sidewalls in 25mm.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    earth wrote:
    Anyone tried the new graphene version of the Corsa tubular? How are they for puncture resistance?
    i've tried the original g+ version tubs, in 23mm and 25mm

nice ride, as you'd expect

puncture resistance was certainly no better than veloflex, i think actually worse but it's a small sample size, they punctured/cut easily in the wet (in the dry i find punctures are extremely rare)

dry grip was not as good as veloflex, but wet grip slightly better/more progressive

not a huge difference, but overall i prefer veloflex for the better dry grip and, i think, better puncture resistance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • earth
    sungod wrote:
    earth wrote:
    i've tried the original g+ version tubs, in 23mm and 25mm

nice ride, as you'd expect

puncture resistance was certainly no better than veloflex, i think actually worse but it's a small sample size, they punctured/cut easily in the wet (in the dry i find punctures are extremely rare)

dry grip was not as good as veloflex, but wet grip slightly better/more progressive

not a huge difference, but overall i prefer veloflex for the better dry grip and, i think, better puncture resistance

Veloflex Carbon?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    earth wrote:
    Veloflex Carbon?
    most of the time i use sprinters front and criteriums rear (these are the tan wall version of extreme and carbon respectively)

the reason for sprinter on the front is to match the width of the rims - they are deep but narrow, a wider tyre makes them less stable when the wind is strong/changing angle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny