tuesday dreaming of crossing a minefield

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited April 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

temperatures plummeting, will try more coffee and unleash a new hawaiian shirt

meeting up with new euchap later, see if morton's tartare trolley is maintaining the standard
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, much cooler here atouch of frost this morning, dog already walked, just having a cuppa and a few cereals, yesterday I was offered 6 days work so going to check that out later.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH as the wife is still away, so long walk with the hound to rest the legs after three days of back to back runs.

Later is bikes :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, wet this morning, no frost unlike yesterday, still do not approve of this weather, what happened to the weekends lovely weather?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    It's sunshine and showers. Proper April wevver. Let's see wots I gets done in between the showers.
    Tomorrow Glasgow early.

Yesterday an old man pulls out on me during the school run like I wasn't there.
    Today Chav man in Chav van reverses out of his drive and luckily I stopped in time, then he see's me and stops. Then he proceeds to tailgate me all the way in and his son (5/6 yrs old?) is roaming about in the front, no child seat to be seen. I bet he voted Brexit.

[Rant over]

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Working at home today as the Panzer needs a diff oil change - luckily it's free as a I saw what they were going to charge until they realised it was complementary.

Onwards with year end shizzle.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Just had to go and empty a house, now about to go and do some weights but am cold and hungry so do not know how productive it will be.

Glad I bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago the day before the storm, kicked in and now its hissing down.

#shouldasavedmymoney
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    It's a bit grim out there, I'd like some sunshine back please.
    Another busy day in here, the downside of being surrounded by pretty young personages of the female persuasion is they have appalling taste in music. I have to close my ears and open my eyes more.
    Stupidly I just had a read of the Brexit thread and felt compelled to post something, bizarrely Stevo posts one of the most sensible things on there. Amazing how many people don't grasp his diagram with the different levels of EU, EEA, EFTA, Schengen, etc. It could probably do with Eurovision added to please the knuckle draggers. I've got a reasonable knowledge of these things, but still check before posting.
    Glad I had sandwiches today, it's gopping out there.
    Onward and upwards...
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in here, the downside of being surrounded by pretty young personages of the female persuasion is they have appalling taste in music. I have to close my ears and open my eyes more.
    Stupidly I just had a read of the Brexit thread and felt compelled to post something, bizarrely Stevo posts one of the most sensible things on there. Amazing how many people don't grasp his diagram with the different levels of EU, EEA, EFTA, Schengen, etc. It could probably do with Eurovision added to please the knuckle draggers. I've got a reasonable knowledge of these things, but still check before posting.
    Onward and upwards...
    Glad to be of service V, even that was a bit of a back handed compliment :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Onward and upwards...
    Tongue firmly in cheek as ever, but you knew that. The constant accusations of you being a leaver are quite funny. Bally and yourself thought along vaguely similar lines to me on this. The EU isn't perfect, but the only possible outcomes of leaving are worse than staying in. All the rest was pie in the sky.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Onward and upwards...
    Tongue firmly in cheek as ever, but you knew that. The constant accusations of you being a leaver are quite funny. Bally and yourself thought along vaguely similar lines to me on this. The EU isn't perfect, but the only possible outcomes of leaving are worse than staying in. All the rest was pie in the sky.
    I knew :)

And as you know, a good argument sometimes needs a devils advocate. Which I seem well placed to do in Cake Stop as a Chelsea supporting, Tory voting tax adviser and car enthusiast :D
  • step83
    Worked out my shifting problems....

The quite literal "rub"
    47471718842_e8e71283fc_b.jpg
  • pinno
    Therein lies the rub.
  • step83
    Indeed pesky thing, put the old rings off, no rub mix of a slight offset and thicker main part of the chainring.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Indeed pesky thing, put the old rings off, no rub mix of a slight offset and thicker main part of the chainring.

I'm confused. Am I supposed to be looking at the front mech rubbing on the chain?
  • step83
    No the inside edge of the big ring is hitting the chain, only an issue in 11t and 12t after that it moves across enough to not rub
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    No the inside edge of the big ring is hitting the chain, only an issue in 11t and 12t after that it moves across enough to not rub

Stick it in a gear where it doesn't rub.