Forum home Road cycling forum Road buying advice

Orbea size

Shyberry1Shyberry1 Posts: 5
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
Anyone have info on orbea sizing. Looking at an avant and orbea website says I'm a size 51. I'm 5ft 11 with a 32 inside leg.
Internet shops selling the bike say I should be a 55. I'm 2 and a half hours drive from a bike shop so need to buy online and could do without the hassle of trying to swap it if doesn't fit.

• Shyberry1 wrote:
    Anyone have info on orbea sizing. Looking at an avant and orbea website says I'm a size 51. I'm 5ft 11 with a 32 inside leg.
    Internet shops selling the bike say I should be a 55. I'm 2 and a half hours drive from a bike shop so need to buy online and could do without the hassle of trying to swap it if doesn't fit.

I have an Orca which is a bit more racey geometry than an Avant. I am 5'11'' like yourself but with a 33 leg and ride a 55. I think a 51 would be too small.
  • yiannismyiannism Posts: 345
    I used to ride the Avant of 2015 i am 179cm ( 5'9) with 84.5 (33.2) inseam and my bike was 53 and it felt small.My Bianchi infinito CV is 55 and its perfect
  • SolisSolis Posts: 166
    I'm 5'7" 1/2 with 29 inch IL and a 53 Avant is ideal for me.
  • I see Go-outdoors now have the entry level Avant (Claris 8 X 3) down to £199. That's for nothing for a cheap runaround.
  • I see Go-outdoors now have the entry level Avant (Claris 8 X 3) down to £199. That's for nothing for a cheap runaround.

Thats where I'd saw them when I was away for work last week, the bike guy wasn't there though to get a shot on 1.
    Just looking for something cheap. Not road cycled for years so lookin to get started.
  • Shyberry1 wrote:
    I see Go-outdoors now have the entry level Avant (Claris 8 X 3) down to £199. That's for nothing for a cheap runaround.

Thats where I'd saw them when I was away for work last week, the bike guy wasn't there though to get a shot on 1.
    Just looking for something cheap. Not road cycled for years so lookin to get started.

For that money you can't go wrong.