Shower

Stretch - 10 min yoga

Eat

Odd things to curry favour with Mrs KR

Clean bike - maybe only degrease and lube chain in winter

Comments

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Bike into back garden, spray with muc off, stretches while it soaks in, remove some layers, rinse bike with hose, dry chain with old t shirt, lean bike against radiator in house, stretches, shower and bike eventually back in garage once dry. Oh, lube chain and spin wheels/ use brakes.
    Dave
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Bike into back garden, spray with muc off, stretches while it soaks in, remove some layers, rinse bike with hose, dry chain with old t shirt, lean bike against radiator in house, stretches, shower and bike eventually back in garage once dry. Oh, lube chain and spin wheels/ use brakes.
    Dave
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    edited March 2019
    double post
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Depends a lot on the ride.

If warm and sunny then food then shower

If cold and wet then change clothes, clean bike, food, shower

If bonked hard then food, food, food, food, look at bike and decided not to clean it, food, food shower

I've found that stretching later, perhaps in the evening is more relaxing, rather than trying to fit everything in immediately after getting through the door. After a hard ride, part of recovery is to reset adrenal gland activity, etc... and having a list of chores to rush through doesn't help me. Instead, I just relax and enjoy my hard-won recovery oats and banana.
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    I prioritise nutrition immediately after a ride so will sort out a recovery drink/snack/meal first, then shower and change. Depending on the session I've done I may have a short snooze. I'll try to make sure I eat again after another couple of hours. Only when I'm sorted, will I give the bike any attention.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    Always a shower first. I should probably stretch my hamstrings and calves, but usually forget. I clean the bike when it needs it, which after warm dry rides isn't often., and in the winter is a waste of time as it'll get filthy again next ride out. Transmissions get a regular going over though. As I usually ride in the morning or afternoon, food is naturally on the agenda shortly after my return. But then I'm just a leisure cyclist, not a professional racer 8)
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,372
    Pub
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • laurentian wrote:
    Pub

Best Answer
  • laurentian wrote:
    Pub

Best Answer

+1
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Bike in the garage

Pot of tea before I clean my bike

Quick sit down on the sofa with my tea and check Strava

Wake up two hours later with a cold brew and go for a shower promising to clean the bike tomorrow.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Bike in garage.
    Make chocolate milk drink.
    If cold have bath and try not fall as sleep in it.
    If not cold have shower.
    Get dressed.
    Feed cats.
    Make sandwich and cup of tea.
    Eat and drink above and watch cycling on iPad.
    Welcome wife home from work and try to look like I have being doing something useful all day.
  • I have young kids so mostly:

Put bike in shed (in whatever condition it is in)
    Shovel in whatever food and drink there is to hand when I get through the door
    Get jumped on by the kids
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,462
    Snap.
    Also, the kids usually steal half of my food.

I have managed to convince them that cleaning my bike is a fun activity though.
    I have young kids so mostly:

Put bike in shed (in whatever condition it is in)
    Shovel in whatever food and drink there is to hand when I get through the door
    Get jumped on by the kids
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Bike in garage. If wet, dry the chain a bit. Strip it of bottles, lights, garmin. Hot bath / tepid shower depending on time of year and what my legs feel like. Plug in various devices / chargers. Pint of tea + something edible and join wifey on the sofa for Masterchef.

Again, if it was a wet ride, try to remember to lube the chain the following morning...
  • Give ride a catchy title on Strava.
  • Food. Food. Food. Strava, Nap, Think about cleaning bike, Food.Faff about on the internet. Promise self I'll clean bike tomorrow.
  • Food. Food. Food. Strava, Nap, Think about cleaning bike, Food.Faff about on the internet. Promise self I'll clean bike tomorrow.

Pretty much this.
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Can ask , why stretch?
    As someone who is from a running background and stretched before and after each run . We now know there is no evidence at all (apart from back related issues) that stretching is beneficial.
    My advise is , do not bother.
    regards
    ILG
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    ilovegrace wrote:
    Can ask , why stretch?
    As someone who is from a running background and stretched before and after each run . We now know there is no evidence at all (apart from back related issues) that stretching is beneficial.
    My advise is , do not bother.
    regards
    ILG

I have significant back issues. Stretching does ease things for me.
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    Generally low to mid level Disc issues have very good results using the Mackenzie technique.
    I have used them very successfully on episodes of disc prolapse and general daily back health routine.
    As ever there is never a "one size fits all" with these things , you may not have or have exsesive Disc protrusion or some other issues that are not relived using this method.
    regards
    ILG
  • Go for a ride

Arrive home

Shower

Drink lots of beer