Schwalbe one or Vittoria Corsa 25mm for the Alps

matt-h
matt-h Posts: 847
edited March 2019 in Road buying advice
Off to the Jura mountains in June and looking to run tubeless on my Ultegra wheelset.

I had the first gen One's in tubeless back in 2015 but always used Corsa clinchers in the Alps previously.

Whats the opinion on the latest tubeless tyres?

Matt

Comments

• w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    For me, both are a good choice. Other people haven't had a great experience of Pro One's but mine have been good. Mine are set up tubeless, only used on best bike in dry or at worst damp conditions, but grip has been good and no flats. Other people on here have mentioned wet weather grip isn't very good and I have had a riding buddy experience issues with his tyre not sealing small flats.

Corsa Clincher, one of my favourite tyres and have to admit that would be the one for me. Grip is good in the wet if you do get caught out. They also look good until the side walls get covered in grime.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Thanks Woodster.
    The Corsa clinchers are great, also my favourite.
    I'm looking to try the tubeless version
  • matt-h wrote:
    Thanks Woodster.
    The Corsa clinchers are great, also my favourite.
    I'm looking to try the tubeless version

Too fragile IMO
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    I had Corsa's in the clincher set-up, they were fantastic..................until I got a first puncture and then I got 3 in quick succession. Def a fast tyre but I'd not go back to them. Have the Schwalbe's on my best bike and they've been great so far, see no reason to change.