Roubaix vs endurance vs tarmac

MarcoTommo
MarcoTommo Posts: 12
edited April 2019 in Road buying advice
I’m about to buy a new bike, my current bike is a giant propel etap setup,
I’m looking for something more comfortable on the longer days in the saddle,
I’m torn between Specialized Roubaix, canyon Endurace and maybe a Specialized Tarmac.
Any advice would be appreciated, obviously I don’t want it to be to similar to the propel as I would be keeping the propel as well, disc brakes is a must for me!

Comments

• yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    Roubaix is very comfortable, but i am not sure about the durability of the suspension. On the endurance category they are plenty great bikes, like Bianchi Infinito CV that i own and i love (its more aggressive than Roubaix bust still very comfortable), Cannondale Synapse, even Giant Defy are some great options. A friend recently bought BMC roadmachine (also more aggressive than the typical endurance bikes) and he is very happy.

Tarmac has similar geometry as propel, i dont think that belongs to that list, its like buying the TCR.
  • Thank you for suggesting the Bianchi, it’s a really good looking bike.
    Also thank you for helping me eliminate the tarmac from the equation.
    How much difference would a bike fit make to my decision?
    Iv been considering a fit for a while but I keep getting conflicting opinions on the need for one.
  • yiannism
    yiannism Posts: 345
    MarcoTommo wrote:
    Thank you for suggesting the Bianchi, it’s a really good looking bike.
    Also thank you for helping me eliminate the tarmac from the equation.
    How much difference would a bike fit make to my decision?
    Iv been considering a fit for a while but I keep getting conflicting opinions on the need for one.

Bike fit is good to make, but not necessary if you are comfortable on your bike, meaning no lower back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain etc. Now from those bikes anyone you chose it will be much more comfortable from your current, just make sure that you are buying the correct size.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    Trek Domane would be another bike to consider if you are looking for a bit more comfort/ shock absorption.

Peter
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    Bianchis are nice, I have one, but for about the list price of an Infiniti CV Ultegra disc, £4300, you can get a Synapse Hi Mod eTap from Wheelbase (£4500).