BMC Roadmachine vs Defy Advanced Pro vs Colnago Clx

jupamaso
jupamaso Posts: 21
edited March 2019 in Road buying advice
The title says it all. Looking for a sporty endurance disc road bike.

The Defy Advanced Pro O has Di2, disc and Giant Carbon wheels. Its a 2018, less costly (1000 $ can) than the BMC.

The BMC is also Di2, disc and DT swiss 1800 32 wheels. Its a 2019, can get it for 1000 $ (can) more than the Defy.

The Colnago is Ultegra disc, no Di2, alloy disc wheels, same price as the Giant.

I’m using a Roubaix Sl4, looking for a more sporty ride, while still being confortable. I Weigh 165lbs, I ride 250 km/week, i like to climb, a bit less descending (the reason why I want disc). I will go to France (alps) this summer.

Any real world experience? Any other suggestion? I tried the new Roubaix and I did not like the ride.

Comments

• TFTBR77
    TFTBR77 Posts: 3
    Hi, I have a BMC Roadmachine, its a excellent bike and i cant recommend it highly enough. My mate has got a defy and I`ve ridden it but whilst being very good i prefer the BMC. hope this helps. :D
  • jupamaso
    jupamaso Posts: 21
    I finally decided to go with the BMC!

Follow up question: i have the opportunity to exchange the stock wheels - DT Swiss E Spline 32- for Reynolds Assault for 450 pounds... Is it worth it? I presume I will have to buy alloy clinchers disc brake for spring/automn.

Is the exchange/upgrade worth it? I never tried carbon wheels before.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,612
    I'd pay the extra for the Reynolds.

As you're going to be on disc brakes there's no real need to have a second set of alu winter wheels unless you find you want something shallower for windy days.
  • Definitely get the Reynolds, and don’t worry about winter, I use my Enve disc wheels pretty much year round.
    Got a place in the Pyrenees.
    Do bike and ski stuff.